ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2022 thread*****

This guy Clevinger pitching for the Padres tonight, what exactly is his malfunction? He's all twitchy and jumpy on the mound. It seems like something an opposing manager could complain about, especially with a man on base.

Reactions: TheCainer
Ed Howard suffered a hip injury while trying to avoid a tag going down the 1st base line. Apparently it is serious. That’s a suck blow for a kid with high upside.
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2022/05/12/unfortunately-ed-howards-injury-is-significant/
This sucks, but kind of fortunately, it seems that the Cubs are very deep in the future prospects position of SS. I doubt that his career is totally compromised as if he heals as should be expected, 2B and 3B plus even the OF should still be open for him if other SS prospects continue to advance and improve more than him. I would be more concerned if he was a SP prospect with high upside. Still wishing for a complete recovery for him and hope for the best.

IMHO, the big thing for both Davis and Howard would be to get healed first and then focus on coming back. Hopefully the Davis injury is cured with a little extended rest and treatment and isn’t a big deal, but neither of these guys need to be rushing back and risk developing chronic or more severe injuries. Just get right and then get back on the field.

IMHO, the big thing for both Davis and Howard would be to get healed first and then focus on coming back. Hopefully the Davis injury is cured with a little extended rest and treatment and isn’t a big deal, but neither of these guys need to be rushing back and risk developing chronic or more severe injuries. Just get right and then get back on the field.
So much lost development time the last two years, though.
And, to Cainer, yes, they have depth at SS, but I fully expect several of those guys to move. Howard was a maybe. I’d be shocked if Christian Hernandez stays at SS.

So much lost development time the last two years, though.
And, to Cainer, yes, they have depth at SS, but I fully expect several of those guys to move. Howard was a maybe. I’d be shocked if Christian Hernandez stays at SS.
I hear you about the lost development time. I’m not saying that missing time is good, just that them rushing back and risking further problems is just dumb. It’s sunk cost.

Reactions: TheCainer
I'm hoping Davis is activated before the week of July 4th when the Iowa Cubs come to Indy. I bought tickets years ago to see Rizzo play for the IC in Nasville and he was promoted to the big club a few days ahead of that. I did see both Javy and Kris Bryant hit HRs in a July 4th game in OKC in 2014. Javy hit one through the LF light tower leading off the game that day. Of course the Iowa Cubs lost that game 3-2. A foreboding for the future, it would seem. 😉

4-6 on the road trip, and they return home to decent weather for once to face the lowly Pirates. Time for a hot streak.

they beat the pirates. Woohoo

still not saving money for playoff tickets
Still, in terms of answering questions and finding value, these games have value. Schwindel seems to have really responded to his pseudo demotion, Happ is getting on base and playing a solid LF and Contreras is looking like a guy you can extend and build around (we already knew that) - or at least his trade value should remain high. If Miley can keep throwing like this, he’ll make them better and potentially become a trade piece.

The New York Yankees are happy with their current
record of 26 wins and 9 losses. Helping them is an
ex-Cub called Anthony Rizzo. He has 10 home runs
and 24 RBI's and bats 3rd in the lineup. Also thanks
for his defense at first base.

ADVERTISEMENT