ADVERTISEMENT

Official Defending World Series Champions Atlanta Braves thread - 2022

I hope the Braves do great this year, but I hate the two "big" moves they made this year.
Could have signed this generation's Chipper to a not outrageous contract, not given up some young talent, and not signed Jansen. Watching Jansen close a game is similar to watching the 2014 Noles, he might win, but damn your liver is going to ache for a few days.

Hate seems harsh on the Olsen trade and signing. Simply couldn't come to terms with Freeman. Freddie was reportedly offered 5/$140mm by the Braves but was set on getting the 6th year and ultimately signed for 6/$162mm. His camp also reportedly sent two final offers to the Braves and gave an hour deadline to decide (lol).

I’m on the fence with the Jansen signing. As for Freddie, it sounds like his agent really f’d him. I wish he was still in Atlanta, but it seems like a lot of blame can go around. I think Olson will love the short porch in right.

I’m on the fence with the Jansen signing. As for Freddie, it sounds like his agent really f’d him. I wish he was still in Atlanta, but it seems like a lot of blame can go around. I think Olson will love the short porch in right.
Sounds like he wanted out of atl...

Sounds like he wanted out of atl...
I thought that at first, but after reading some things about his agent, i started to question that. That being said, I’ll always be thankful for the memories Freddie gave us Braves fans. I also hope he goes 0-4 and commits 2 errors every time he plays the Braves.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Unfortunately so. The pen is deep so his loss should be able to be absorbed. He's well liked and respected in the clubhouse so the team will have to deal with that aspect of the injury.
Yeah, I think we’ll be fine without him as far as depth. I do worry about the loss of guys that are well liked in the clubhouse.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Acuna clashed with Freeman? Shocking! Acuna loves him some Acuna

ADVERTISEMENT