Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Force Awakens 2015

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Last Jedi 2017

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skywalker 2019

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
I’ll get roasted for this, but I think there’s not a huge difference in any of them.

I grew up on the originals and loved them, too. But I find it odd how people think they’re a ton better. They were campy, poorly acted, plot holed goofy movies that we loved anyway. Not unlike the ones that followed.

You show any younger person all 9 movies, and they aren’t going to fawn all over 4-6.

I’ll get roasted for this, but I think there’s not a huge difference in any of them.

I grew up on the originals and loved them, too. But I find it odd how people think they’re a ton better. They were campy, poorly acted, plot holed goofy movies that we loved anyway. Not unlike the ones that followed.

You show any younger person all 9 movies, and they aren’t going to fawn all over 4-6.
I’ve seen them all, and still enjoy the originals the best. Yes, the special effects are banal compared to recent ones, the dialogue had the campy jokes, etc. But, I liked the optimism of those movies, too.

Reactions: ping72

Truth. My 14 year old son likes the prequels far more than the originals.

Truth. My 14 year old son likes the prequels far more than the originals.
Meh, I was roughly that age when the prequels started rolling out in theaters, and while they carried a "fresh car smell" when they first came out........that eventually went away.

I suppose I should ask though....did you show him the prequels before the sequels?

Also, I suppose it makes a difference in the video quality as most kids in this generation are even less likely to appreciate older films than my generation does..........

Meh, I was roughly that age when the prequels started rolling out in theaters, and while they carried a "fresh car smell" when they first came out........that eventually went away.

I suppose I should ask though....did you show him the prequels before the sequels?

Also, I suppose it makes a difference in the video quality as most kids in this generation are even less likely to appreciate older films than my generation does..........
I think you're right about the video quality and more importantly the special effects quality. To me that cgi crap looks like cartoons and the originals effects are much more realistic. To kids it's the exciting fast paced effects that they like.

He saw the originals off and on growing up before he saw the prequels but idk how much he ever paid attention.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. The Force Awakens
6. Rise of Skywalker
7. Solo
8. Revenge of Sith
9. Phantom Menace
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Last Jedi

I picked empire because it is the best but I do enjoy things about 1-3 and 7-9. I feel like revenge of the sith is underrated and the fact that the first 2 prequels didn't live up to the hype it gets lost in the shuffle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT