ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official FSU @ Miami Thread ****

There goes ACC in the playoffs.

Hate that the conference doesn't have a rep, glad Clemson gets knocked down a peg, being second fiddle (or worse) to them sucks. But for conference representation for the long haul, ACC needs someone to make it, less ACC get relegated.

On the upside, I always cheer for chaos with the games above us. Only lock right now seems to be UGA.

Last edited:
Hate that the conference doesn't have a rep, glad Clemson gets knocked down a peg, being second fiddle (or worse) to them sucks. But for conference representation for the long haul, ACC needs someone to make it, less ACC get relegated.

On the upside, I always cheer for chaos with the games above us. Only lock right now seems to be UGA.
Don't really think it matters long term. The only thing the ACC could do to help it last a little longer is add ND as a full time member.

We are screwed if that doesn't happen and we are still in the ACC in 4 years. The revenue gap will just become too big. Barring some significant network deal changes we need to get the eff out of this conference.

Don't really think it matters long term. The only thing the ACC could do to help it last a little longer is add ND as a full time member.

We are screwed if that doesn't happen and we are still in the ACC in 4 years. The revenue gap will just become too big. Barring some significant network deal changes we need to get the eff out of this conference.

Unfortunately, I agree. And ND is a short fix, however, I suspect Clemson isn't long for the ACC either. ND has to know that as well.

Isn't FSU's current contract through mid2030s?

So have to work for the short term plan while we plan for the long term as well. And that means being relevant in the landscape, which means playoff appearances, but also getting the athletes that can get FSU there. ACC definitely seems ACC out-negotiated FSU.

• Sad
Reactions: West Duval Nole
Unfortunately, I agree. And ND is a short fix, however, I suspect Clemson isn't long for the ACC either. ND has to know that as well.

Isn't FSU's current contract through mid2030s?

So have to work for the short term plan while we plan for the long term as well. And that means being relevant in the landscape, which means playoff appearances, but also getting the athletes that can get FSU there. ACC definitely seems ACC out-negotiated FSU.
I think all of the ACC’s contract is through the mid 2030’s. Clemson is stuck with us, unless enough teams jump.

The Syracuse game is a real test of Norvell's message. Huge win last night, and the team enjoyed it, can we turn it around and go to NY and get the win?

I think all of the ACC’s contract is through the mid 2030’s. Clemson is stuck with us, unless enough teams jump.

Well, they have the 'ol IPTAY!

I've heard the "if enough teams jump" thing before. I don't understand what "enough" teams leaving does to the contract. Just like when the Big East restructured and football left, the BE conference remains, remaining members just get the benefit of the departing schools funding the new conference. Even if the ACC had some major reorg, contracts still are in place. Maybe a coup occurs and we pay them less to get out as a group?, but I struggle with how the ACC is made to swallow that pill.

Well, they have the 'ol IPTAY!

I've heard the "if enough teams jump" thing before. I don't understand what "enough" teams leaving does to the contract. Just like when the Big East restructured and football left, the BE conference remains, remaining members just get the benefit of the departing schools funding the new conference. Even if the ACC had some major reorg, contracts still are in place. Maybe a coup occurs and we pay them less to get out as a group?, but I struggle with how the ACC is made to swallow that pill.
I think there are a certain number of teams that have to agree to let teams leave without penalty. Basically, it won’t happen, unless the Carolina schools decide they are done.

I think there are a certain number of teams that have to agree to let teams leave without penalty. Basically, it won’t happen, unless the Carolina schools decide they are done.

AAAAAAAhhhhhhhh, majority member voting type clause. I see.

I'd think the "yes" votes would be the schools that think they have a legit shot in football at a national title. Thats 4 schools maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: runkpanole
AAAAAAAhhhhhhhh, majority member voting type clause. I see.

I'd think the "yes" votes would be the schools that think they have a legit shot in football at a national title. Thats 4 schools maybe.
It's schools that would have a legit shot at landing in one of the big 2 conferences. Which would mean do they offer value with eyes on TV for their games or a new market not covered by the big 2.

Fg5uVStWIAEDUys

Oh, I read that wrong. My bad.

Not that I expect the polls to be perfect, but that would have been a hilarious oversight if that had happened. Every fan base would be justifiably pissed, but I expect that fan base's complaints would be especially funny.

And the instant global response should be "well join a conference for football!"

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT