ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Game of Thrones Season 8 thread***

source.gif

Is George RR Martin still involved in story development?

It seemed to me that GoT was awesome as long as it was based on the books - even better than the books sometimes - but started stumbling when they ran out of the written word. Not stumbling too badly, but stumbling, nonetheless.

I hope they rise to the occasion as they wrap it up.

It seemed to me that GoT was awesome as long as it was based on the books - even better than the books sometimes - but started stumbling when they ran out of the written word. Not stumbling too badly, but stumbling, nonetheless.

When has GoT stumbled?

When has GoT stumbled?
Hard to put my finger on when it started, but the big battle in the north was definitely a triumph of action/CGI over plot. I don't want GoT to degenerate into the equivalent of chase scenes.

OTOH, if Martin were still in charge, most of the people we like would probably die this season. And most would die pointlessly.

The show suffered in a noticeable decline in the writing, especially dialog, when they ran out of book material. There are too many verbal call backs to previous things. This is nothing more than fan service. Walder Frey (I know it was actually Arya) talking to his men about killing the Starks and using the term “Red Wedding,” comes to mind. There are many other examples like that which are inconsistent with how the show was written in the first few seasons.

The writing and dialogue overall definitly suffered after they passed the books, but they also had some of the better stand alone episodes as well.

I don’t think Martin had any clue how to end the series. AFFC was a convoluted mess. I had to force myself to finish that book. The first half of A Dance with Dragons was a mess too. I think he has way too many threads going in too many directions. There’s no way he’ll finish the books before he dies.

I thought all the episodes this season were going to be extended ones (considering there are only 6 of them)? Tonight’s episode is only an hour.

I believe the longest episode this season will be around 80 minutes.

I think they have just run out of story to show.

I thought all the episodes this season were going to be extended ones (considering there are only 6 of them)? Tonight’s episode is only an hour.

• episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
  • episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
  • episode 3 (April 28): 1 hour, 22 minutes
  • episode 4 (May 5): 1 hour, 18 minutes
  • episode 5 (May 12): 1 hour, 20 minutes
  • episode 6 (May 19): 1 hour, 20 minutes

• episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
  • episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
  • episode 3 (April 28): 1 hour, 22 minutes
  • episode 4 (May 5): 1 hour, 18 minutes
  • episode 5 (May 12): 1 hour, 20 minutes
  • episode 6 (May 19): 1 hour, 20 minutes

Nice, I was a little worried about it only being 6 episodes. That is more like 7.2.

I’m all in on Gendry being king and choosing Arya as his Lady.

Also Jon will have to sacrifice his baby is having with Dany to the night king to keep them away. Or maybe Jaimie takes his baby from Cersei and give it to the Night King

ADVERTISEMENT