ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Happy Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing Day! ***

brett-kavanaugh-the-53-year-old-virgin-rapist-better-rape-than-nev-36524065.png

kavanaugh-cant-remember.png

Not sure I can get myself to watch this $hit show. It is/will be a circus.

Ford is going to have to be awfully convincing and Kavanaugh is going to have to look better than he did on Fox or he'll be the SCOTUS by next week.

Grassley criticizes those who have threatened both parties and is recapping how we got here. Now ripping Dem counterpart for not letting him know about letter.
Partisanship from the very beginning from the pride of Iowa.
Grassley now prejudicing the hearing by saying no evidence allegations are true!

Grassley criticizes those who have threatened both parties and is recapping how we got here. Now ripping Dem counterpart for not letting him know about letter.
Grassley now prejudicing the hearing by saying no evidence allegations are true!

He is a tone deaf moron. He is tanking his side, unknowingly, from the start.

Reactions: ft254
Grassley's opening statement... Someone, anyone, please put this old bastard out of his misery. Can't even a prepared statement without stuttering his way through it.

He is an embarrassment to his country AND his State. Can America not do better than him?

Asking for a friend.

What's the Over/ Under on people getting lost in the irony of their comments of "how convenient it is that suddenly these men showed up to say it was them and not Kavanaugh". I've counted 2600 on twitter since that news came out. But today is a new day.

Reactions: SDHN2013

Christine Blasey Ford’s voice will finally be heard Thursday when she appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee to answer questions about her sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Thanks to my remarkable power of precognition — which regular readers of this column are familiar with — I already know how it’s going to go and I’m prepared to share a transcript of Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley’s opening statement.

As you know, Ford and Kavanaugh will face questions from Democrats on the committee and from a prosecutor who will ask questions on behalf of the all-male Republican committee members.

Sen. Mitch McConnell announced the GOP’s brave decision to not do the question asking: “We have hired a female assistant to go on staff and to ask these questions in a respectful and professional way.”

“Female assistant” is Republican-speak for “accomplished attorney who happens to be a woman.” And the female assistant’s name is Rachel Mitchell, a sex crimes prosecutor in the Maricopa County attorney’s office in Arizona. In an interview Wednesday morning, Republican committee member Sen. John Kennedy simply referred to her as: “Uh, I can’t remember the name of the prosecutor.”

Having already seen what happens, I can tell you it will be a powerful moment in American history.

Without further ado, here is Grassley’s opening statement, which I, through my powers, have foreseen:

“Order, order.

“Ladies and gentlemen, and the lady accuser, Christine Blasey Ford. We will begin these proceedings momentarily. Dr. Ford, if you would please place that lanyard around your neck. Yes, that’s right, the one with the word ‘LIAR’ in scarlet letters. There you go. Thank you.

“I would first like to thank Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh … excuse me, I should say Supreme Court NOMINEE … sorry, I just get excited because he’s such a fine man. I would like to thank him for coming before us today to endure questions regarding these scurrilous accusations from decades ago.

“As you all likely know, we have a female assistant with us today who will be asking questions on our behalf. Her name is … darlin’, what’s your name again? Mitchell? That’s a boy’s name. Oh, that’s your last name. My apologies.

“So Ms. Mitchell is a lady attorney and she will be asking questions of the lady accuser in a very professional and respectful and ladylike manner, allowing us menfolk to sit back and focus on making decisions while the gals are chatting. Will it bother you if we smoke cigars? Yes? Well, we’re going to do it anyway.

“I’m sure you understand, Dr. Ford, that in this setting, it simply wouldn’t be appropriate for me or my Republican colleagues to say the things we’ve been saying for the past two weeks or ask the questions we’ve been asking publicly. Instead we’ll have Ms. Mitchell raise doubts about your credibility and blame you for not coming forward with these accusations sooner.

“We see that you have submitted four sworn statements from people who say you shared these allegations with them before Judge Kavanaugh — who I have to say is looking so nice today, just a fine man — became a Supreme Court justice … excuse me … nominee.

“I’m sure that’s all fine, but Judge Kavanaugh has given us his calendar from high school, which we have here under glass in a lovely oak frame. We wanted it preserved so he can hang it in his chambers once he’s on the Supreme … I mean we just didn’t want it to get wrinkled and whatnot.

“You identified a witness who you claim was in the room when this alleged incident that quite clearly never happened happened. We will not be calling that witness, or any other witnesses, or be referring to any of the other outrageous allegations of sexual assault brought up as part of this smear camp … sorry, I get flustered when anyone tries to hold a fine man accountable … brought up as part of this careful and considerate process of vetting Judge Kavanaugh.

“In fact, in the interest of fairness to Judge Kavanaugh, I’m going to take these other sworn statements and requests for FBI investigations and …. mmmmmmphhhhhh…mmmpphhhhhh … ahn ahm gonnah jus aht thahm.”

(Two minutes of muffled chewing and swallowing sounds.)

“Could the female assistant please get me some water? I forget her name. My apologies. Thank you.

“As you can see, Dr. Ford, this will be a fair and respectful hearing and you will have every opportunity to share your false side of the story before we allow Judge Kavanaugh to tell us the truth.

“With that, I’ll turn things over to our lady lawyer so she can … what’s that? … another sworn accusation just came in? Let me see that document.

“Sen. Kennedy, would you mind eating this one? I’m stuffed to the gills.

“If you ladies need us, we’ll be right here, ignoring you.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ing-sexual-assault-huppke-20180926-story.html

Grassley's opening statement... Someone, anyone, please put this old bastard out of his misery. Can't even a prepared statement without stuttering his way through it.

He is an embarrassment to his country AND his State. Can America not do better than him?

Asking for a friend.

Let’s give Grassley and Trump an open floor to talk every single day between now and the mid-terms. It will be the most success campaign ever for the Democrats.

Witnesses have right to go into private session for embarrassing questions. Bummer.

The good part... Feinstein is giving a wonderful response to Grassley's remarks.

Grassley is a effing moron, like his committee mates.

If this was a prize fight... Grassley has gotten TKOed in round 1.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Feinstein gives stats that 60% of assaults go unreported.

Witnesses have right to go into private session for embarrassing questions. Bummer.

Did Bill Clinton have the same right when Kavanaugh questioned him about the Monica Lewinsky details? I can not recall- but I bet he was not too concerned about Clintons privacy

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT