ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Hawkeye Kick-in-the-nuts after Kick-in-the-nuts meltdown thread****

MeetTheFerentz

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2006
Men's basketball - ouch

Wrestling - ouch

Women's basketball - ouch

ISU men's basketball - ouch

ISU women's basketball - don't care as much, but ouch

I hope the men's swimming & diving and gymnastics teams at least had a great winter sports season - OOPS!

Well, maybe we'll have a lot to look forward to this football season with Petras returning and the new QB coach - ouch

Please feel free to vent all your frustrations here. No holds barred. This is purely therapeutic and cathartic. "Superfans" need not interact - don't need any "one game doesn't ruin a season" or "don't have ill-wishes for others" or "you're so miserable" philosophies pushed on us. It's been a horrible 4 days and we need a safe place to channel our feelings.

Go!

giphy.gif

Men's basketball - ouch

Wrestling - ouch

I hope the men's swimming & diving and gymnastics teams at least had a great winter sports season - OOPS!

Well, maybe we'll have a lot to look forward to this football season with Petras returning and the new QB coach - ouch

Please feel free to vent all your frustrations here. No holds barred. This is purely therapeutic and cathartic. "Superfans" need not interact - don't need any "one game doesn't ruin a season" or "don't have ill-wishes for others" or "you're so miserable" philosophies pushed on us. It's been a horrible 4 days and we need a safe place to channel our feelings.

Go!

giphy.gif
Hey the Petras thing is hitting below the belt.

Men's basketball - ouch

Wrestling - ouch

Go!

giphy.gif
Don't know if anyone really cares but the softball team lost 20-0 in 5 innings to top ranked Oklahoma.

Men's basketball - ouch

Wrestling - ouch

Go!

giphy.gif
I have seen classic posts but this is way up there with that headline .. and my nuts hurt after reading and laughing so hard KUDOS

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
If I could go back in time to let's say a week ago, I would kick myself in the nuts.

Me of a week ago with my smug look, meticulously plotting Iowa's path to the Final Four. Clicked right over Richmond...no hesitation, Providence was eliminated in the round 32 without hardly a thought. Then it was on to Kansas, here I paused but knew that this was the year. Elite 8 baby! Iowa vs Auburn... in my mind this was your classic good vs evil and in the end, evil always loses. There it was the Hawks in the Final Four...I was happy

I wish at that moment I would have popped out of thin air and without saying a word kicked myself square in the nuts and then left as quickly as I came...poof gone. The me of a week ago doubled over in pain unsure of what had happened...only knowing just a few moment before I was happy and now all I feel is agony.

If I could go back in time to let's say a week ago, I would kick myself in the nuts.

Me of a week ago with my smug look, meticulously plotting Iowa's path to the Final Four. Clicked right over Richmond...no hesitation, Providence was eliminated in the round 32 without hardly a thought. Then it was on to Kansas, here I paused but knew that this was the year. Elite 8 baby! Iowa vs Auburn... in my mind this was your classic good vs evil and in the end, evil always loses. There it was the Hawks in the Final Four...I was happy

I wish at that moment I would have popped out of thin air and without saying a word kicked myself square in the nuts and then left as quickly as I came...poof gone. The me of a week ago doubled over in pain unsure of what had happened...only knowing just a few moment before I was happy and now all I feel is agony.

If I don't have to hear anything else about Caitlin Clark for 6 months it's fine by me. She's lucky she plays against women with a smaller ball, totally overrated and yes I watched like 5 of their games

Reactions: jo12208
OP needs to stop relying on collegiate sports for personal affirmation,... get a life, preferably an adult one.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Not to throw stones but you have 22k posts. That seems like a lot of adult time spent in a virtual world.

Posting isn't the issue,.. My posts only rarely relate to collegiate athletics, and when they do they certainly wouldn't indicate that I ascribe any significant importance to how college sports might impact my life and sense of personal worth....

LOL. I think we had nearly identical thoughts while filling out our brackets. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT