ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL INDICTMENTAPALOOSA MONDAY THREAD*****

While I’m eagerly waiting I don’t think we see anything tomorrow. Most are saying it’ll be this week not specifically tomorrow. Also prepare for a disappointing start. It’ll be low level peons. Going to continue this long tedious process. Hopefully we aren’t dropping nukes on NK before it’s over.

goo_inside.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Trump bots had to go to bed early. They have a long day of distracting and deflecting to do tomorrow.

Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president’s first year in office.

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort’s firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/paul-manafort-indicted.html

If you want to see major deflection turn on Fox News. They had a short blurb about manafort but since it’s been Hillary, Obama paying for gps fusion , Weinstein, and top candies for Halloween. Never mind that the presidents campaign chairman has just been indicted and entered an fbi office Amazing.

If you want to see major deflection turn on Fox News. They had a short blurb about manafort but since it’s been Hillary, Obama paying for gps fusion , Weinstein, and top candies for Halloween. Never mind that the presidents campaign chairman has just been indicted and entered an fbi office Amazing.
Not true at all, they even have deshowitz in now giving the left perspective.
Funny thing is it sounds like he's being charged for past tax and business dealings... just might well be a big ole notta burger afterall.

On one hand, it is tax evasion... which again, on one hand, sounds small. But on the other hand, this is just the start of this.

I do think it is a little odd to expect Manafort to be some lover of all things Russia given his previous campaign management with Ford, Reagan, HW, Dole...

Funny thing is it sounds like he's being charged for past tax and business dealings... just might well be a big ole notta burger afterall.
It’s been mentioned that could only be because of a statute of limitations situation.

CNBC mentioned this morning that it is something associated with dealings from the 90's. Not sure Trump had anything to do Manafort back then. I don't think that there are ties to the election at all. We'll wait and see.

CNBC mentioned this morning that it is something associated with dealings from the 90's. Not sure Trump had anything to do Manafort back then. I don't think that there are ties to the election at all. We'll wait and see.
Keep in mind, Gates is being indicted too. And he was around the campaign after Manafort had left.

What has tRump sweating is the possibility of deals being made. I guarantee they are interested in what Manafort knows about the campaign. Is Manafort willing to dummy up and serve time to protect The Donald?

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
What has tRump sweating is the possibility of deals being made. I guarantee they are interested in what Manafort knows about the campaign. Is Manafort willing to dummy up and serve time to protect The Donald?

Isn't the main goal of all of this (what he knows about the campaign) to find the direct links to being in bed with Russians? I'm serious. Is that the end goal? I'm not saying it isn't true. I'm not saying it is false. I am just genuinely curious what smoking gun is being sought. Since you've posted the above, I happen to be asking you. No other agenda here.

Of course this isnt the end of the Mueller investigation but It would be an incredible waste of time if the only thing that is prosecuted is tax evasion from 10 years ago. People will lose their minds on both sides.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Oh good.

well then no big deal that Trump pick a guy with a decade of fraud under his belt to run his campaign.

In fairness.....It has not been shown (yet) that Trump knew anything about his previous illegal dealings if those should be proven. I think a lot of the really indictable charges may have been years ago and fall under the statue of limitations defense. Again, I would wait and see what real substance is there. Side Note.....CNN is on all time Liberalism status this morning. It's pretty funny how many times they have done this and then nothing actually happens.

Exactly. This is a pressure play to make others think that Manafort might flip. Serves as a warning shot to let others know get on the bus now, or were coming for you.

On one hand, it is tax evasion... which again, on one hand, sounds small. But on the other hand, this is just the start of this.

I do think it is a little odd to expect Manafort to be some lover of all things Russia given his previous campaign management with Ford, Reagan, HW, Dole...

I think he's a lover of all things M-O-N-E-Y. That love is just combined with his absolute lack of ethics and available money from Russia/Ukraine.

Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president’s first year in office.

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort’s firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/paul-manafort-indicted.html

THE INDICTMENTS ARE HERE!!! THE INDICTMENTS ARE HERE!!!
Mmmmm....NothingBurgers....!!!

35twb1.jpg

SO yummy!

Exactly. This is a pressure play to make others think that Manafort might flip. Serves as a warning shot to let others know get on the bus now, or were coming for you.

^^^^This. Seems like all this is going to be a carefully planned and choreographed dance that will have the Trump team sweating for a while wondering if anyone will flip. They got a fairly big fish in Manafort, if they haul in Flynn next the pressure will get pretty intense.

Silence from Trump today will be deafening.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Trump had everything to do with Russian money back then, for sure.
After his bankruptcy, no US banks would lend him a dime.

Reactions: lucas80 and srams21
Trump had everything to do with Russian money back then, for sure.
After his bankruptcy, no US banks would lend him a dime.
Come on man. That's a nothing burger.

All lies and fake news. Trump is a holy man who would never do anything wrong. You hate America, don't you?

Reactions: McLovin32
Looks like Manafort owes some taxes. Indictments relate to activities going from 2006 to 2015.

Still waiting for the collusion part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT