ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA (#55 RPI) at Rutgers (#57 RPI) Games Thread (April 22, 23 & 24). All 3 Games on BTN Plus ($$)*****

Sounds like Evan Sleight and Richie Schiekofer are injured in the Rutgers OF and C Nick Cimillo is available for emergency pinch-hitting.

Sounds like Evan Sleight and Richie Schiekofer are injured in the Rutgers OF and C Nick Cimillo is available for emergency pinch-hitting.
Schiekofer was injured in a home plate collision. Rutgers' TV guys indicated that there were "rumors" that he would be unavailable.

Tough miss to add to the lead with runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. DP - pitcher's best friend.

Mazur is dialing up a gem. Looks really strong.

Schiekofer was injured in a home plate collision. Rutgers' TV guys indicated that there were "rumors" that he would be unavailable.

Tough miss to add to the lead with runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. DP - pitcher's best friend.

Mazur is dialing up a gem. Looks really strong.
I thought he said that is why Cimillo was hurt

I was hoping Iowa could get the offense going once they got into the Rutgers bullpen but so far nothing.

Mazur is pitching one hell of a game, he has 11 strikeouts so far. Rutgers is still batting in the B7.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Mazur gets out of the 7th inning with 92 pitches. Hopefully he has enough in the tank to get through 1 more and then Nedved can slam the door shut.

I tuned in to the game kind of late, was Sam Petersen wearing Langenberg's jersey while batting, or did Langenberg bat? Did I miss something? The announcer said it was Petersen batting and the live box score doesn't have any ABs for Langenberg.

I tuned in to the game kind of late, was Sam Petersen wearing Langenberg's jersey while batting, or did Langenberg bat? Did I miss something? The announcer said it was Petersen batting and the live box score doesn't have any ABs for Langenberg.
Radio said something about uniform issue and the freshman forgot his or something. There wasn't much detail provided.

on the radio broadcast, the Iowa play by play guy was laughing about this; apparently he forgot to pack it or bring it to the ball park

he said there was mass confusion in the press box

I sure hope no one paid to watch this BTN+ coverage. All they have is a camera behind the plate and it's shaky as heck. The Rutgers play by play guy sounds like he is calling the game from the concession stand with all the noise and you can hear another play by play guy talking.

How about the old score board? They don't even have a video board.

I sure hope no one paid to watch this BTN+ coverage. All they have is a camera behind the plate and it's shaky as heck. The Rutgers play by play guy sounds like he is calling the game from the concession stand with all the noise and you can hear another play by play guy talking.

Rutgers pretty much has a glorified high school field. They are getting a bunch of renovations in the off-season. Really great job by their coach to have them leading the league this far into the season.

Yeah, a lot of the BTN+ broadcasts are pretty bad. Still worth it to see Iowa baseball though

Reactions: Franisdaman
Rutgers pretty much has a glorified high school field. They are getting a bunch of renovations in the off-season. Really great job by their coach to have them leading the league this far into the season.
Iowa is a lot better off support wise than before Heller was here, but Iowa has been there.

Sher just made a huge defensive play at 3rd. He dove to his left and came up gunning. Nice stretch by Williams.

I thought he said that is why Cimillo was hurt
You're probably right. I'm trying to balance work emails, work phone calls, keeping an eye on BTN+ and listening to audio . . .
Fullard's HR happened when I was on the phone with a client. It was hard to muffle my excitement.

Yeah, a lot of the BTN+ broadcasts are pretty bad. Still worth it to see Iowa baseball though

None of them are as good as when they are on the regular BTN but this is terrible. Perhaps it is too windy to use the centerfield camera (if they even have one), I noticed the camera they do use gets very shaky when they put it on the scoreboard. This happened in the Iowa-Minnesota game on Sunday, it was too windy to use the centerfield cam.

None of them are as good as when they are on the regular BTN but this is terrible. Perhaps it is too windy to use the centerfield camera (if they even have one), I noticed the camera they do use gets very shaky when they put it on the scoreboard. This happened in the Iowa-Minnesota game on Sunday, it was too windy to use the centerfield cam.
Yeah you would think in 2022 they could get something figured out to make a good broadcast.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Meanwhile . . . Michigan scores 2 in B9 and 1 in B10 to avoid a bad home loss to OSU (Iowa gets 5.4 RPI points). CMU (home team) is trailing Akron 6-5 in T6 and Akron has 2 on with one out. Would be a 10 point RPI loss if Akron wins.

once its good?

instead of $9.95 it will be $14.95 ;)
So it would be $100 instead of $80? I have the annual pass so my son can watch the volleyball team and we can watch the couple of non conference basketball games that don't get put on the regular BTN.

I'm sure it comes down to funding. Heck they don't have anyone paying for advertising in between innings. I wonder just how many people are actually watching these games. The budget is probably crap.

HAWKEYES WIN!!!!!!

Nedved only needed 8 pitches for the bottom of the 9th. That's huge, he should be available for tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT