ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA (#55 RPI) at Rutgers (#57 RPI) Games Thread (April 22, 23 & 24). All 3 Games on BTN Plus ($$)*****

FQ-b-QgWUAUylId

So it would be $100 instead of $80? I have the annual pass so my son can watch the volleyball team and we can watch the couple of non conference basketball games that don't get put on the regular BTN.

I'm sure it comes down to funding. Heck they don't have anyone paying for advertising in between innings. I wonder just how many people are actually watching these games. The budget is probably crap.

i was joking that the month pass cost would increase if they invest & improve the quality

i think you are right about funding. i doubt these announcers and video people get paid much; i think they are all students.

Jumped 11 RPI spots as of this moment. Now at #64. Trail #63 South Carolina by 27 points and #64 Illinois by 28 points.

CMU has rallied. It is 10-10 in B8 and CMU (home team) has runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

Adam Mazur had terrific command today, zero walks. He has potential to pitch at the next level, he's going to be fun to follow.

SIX GAME WINNING STREAK!!! Iowa is now only 2.5 games back in the Big Ten.

RPI heading into Friday's game vs NOW:
IOWA (#75 RPI vs #63 NOW)
Rutgers (#49 RPI vs #52 NOW)

Saturday, April 23
at Rutgers
12:00 PM CT

RPI / SOS heading into the game:
IOWA (#63 RPI, #108 Strength of Schedule)
Rutgers (#52 RPI, #211 Strength of Schedule)

Where: Bainton Field, Piscataway, NJ

Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network (Listen for FREE: The Varsity Network app)

Radio Stream Begins:
11:30 am CT

Video Streaming: BTN Plus; Link to subscribe: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment

Game Notes: https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2022/04/21/notes-iowa-heads-to-east-coast-to-face-no-8-rutgers/

Live Stats: https://scarletknights.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

Pitching Matchup:

UI:
RHP Connor Schultz (1-0, 2.62 ERA)
RU: RHP Nathan Florence (4-1, 2.92 ERA)

I sure hope no one paid to watch this BTN+ coverage. All they have is a camera behind the plate and it's shaky as heck. The Rutgers play by play guy sounds like he is calling the game from the concession stand with all the noise and you can hear another play by play guy talking.

How about the old score board? They don't even have a video board.

I guess it could get worse.

Check this out:

Reactions: ssckelley
The Iowa pitching was tremendous. It was bad timing that RU was without arguably the best big 10 hitter as well as it’s two usual left hand hitting starters, who both hit in the 300s, just when they go up against arguably the best right hander in the Big Ten. However, I’m not sure anyone could have hit him yesterday. He was so pinpoint with that slider.

It is interesting that the announcers were talking yesterday about how Mazur came to Iowa in part because of the analytics available, and how much they improved him. When RU swept at Nebraska all their fans were complaining that overreliance on the same analytics caused all of their establish pitchers’ performances to deteriorate.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The Iowa pitching was tremendous. It was bad timing that RU was without arguably the best big 10 hitter as well as it’s two usual left hand hitting starters, who both hit in the 300s, just when they go up against arguably the best right hander in the Big Ten. However, I’m not sure anyone could have hit him yesterday. He was so pinpoint with that slider.

It is interesting that the announcers were talking yesterday about how Mazur came to Iowa in part because of the analytics available, and how much they improved him. When RU swept at Nebraska all their fans were complaining that overreliance on the same analytics caused all of their establish pitchers’ performances to deteriorate.
Maybe Iowa is better with the analytic side of things than Nebraska?

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
Story from D1 Baseball:

Iowa’s Marvelous Mazur Shows Star Potential​

April 23, 2022

PISCATAWAY, N.J. — Adam Mazur has been good this season. The Iowa righthander entered the weekend with a 3.00 ERA. He’s even shown flashes of the ability that made him a Cape Cod League All-Star.

But he showed Friday at Bainton Field he can be great. Even more intriguing, there’s still untapped potential.

Mazur pitched the Hawkeyes to a 4-1 series-opening win over first-place Rutgers, going eight innings and giving up only one run on six hits against one of the nation’s top offenses. He struck out 11 batters without issuing a walk for the second week in a row.

when did they get injured? what are their injuries?
I know Cimino got injured in a collision at home plate and limped off a couple of games ago. I don’t know the other two. The fourth injury, to the usual back up catcher, was a concussion. I thought he was cleared, But he is not starting. It really showed in the Princeton game where the 16 game winning streak was snapped. On the other hand, I don’t know if anyone could have hit your pitcher in game one here.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I know Cimino got injured in a collision at home plate and limped off a couple of games ago. I don’t know the other two. The fourth injury, to the usual back up catcher, was a concussion. I thought he was cleared, But he is not starting. It really showed in the Princeton game where the 16 game winning streak was snapped. On the other hand, I don’t know if anyone could have hit your pitcher in game one here.
I almost forgot to mention, not having Shiekofer in right field is killer.

Top of 3rd

Huckstorf strikes out

Seegers singles

Williams walks, Seegers to 2nd

Anthony with a double

Seegers scores, Williams to 3rd

Mulflur singles, Williams scores, Anthony to 3rd

Fullard strikes out looking

Mulflur steals 2nd; Anthony still on 3rd; 2 OUTS

Tallman strikes out swinging

2 Runs, 3 Hits, 1 error, 2 left on base

3-0 IOWA

Heading to the Bottom of 3rd inning

Top of 4th

Peterson strikes out

Sher singles

Sher steals 2nd

Huckstorf strikes out

Seegers walks

Williams flies out to left

0 Runs, 1 Hits, 0 Errors, 2 Left on Base

3-0 IOWA

Heading to the Bottom of 4th inning

Sher should be feeling sheepish. If you are going to whip the bat down and give the dugout a stare down, the ball better leave the yard.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
Top of 5th

Anthony singles

Mulflur singles; Anthony to 2nd

Fullard grounds into double; play; Anthony to 3rd

Tallman hit by pitch

Petersen SUICIDE SQUEEZE; Anthony scores; Tallman to 2nd

Sher flies out

1 Run, 3 Hits, 0 Errors, 2 Left on Base

4-0 IOWA

Heading to the Bottom of 5th inning

ADVERTISEMENT