ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at Kleberg Bank Classic Games Thread (Feb 25, 26, 27)*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
The 3 games are being played in Corpus Christi, Texas.

TO LISTEN TO THE GAMES FOR FREE:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* You will find live streams for baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, and in the fall, football. It appears that if it's Learfield broadcasting the game, you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out. You can go back and listen to, as one example, Hawk Talk with (Fran, Lisa, Kirk).

* Other recent examples of ON DEMAND podcasts include Rick Heller, Monika/Caitlin, Kenyon Murray, Tyler Barnes and Clarissa Chun (new Iowa women's wrestling coach).

NOTE: Games are also being video streamed on Flo Baseball. Cost is $29.99/month.

You can sign up here:

The 3 Games:

Friday, Feb 25
vs Pepperdine
2:00 PM CT
Where: Corpus Christi, Texas
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network (The Varsity Network app)
Radio Stream Begins:
Streaming:
Flo Baseball
Game Notes:
Live Stats:

Saturday, Feb 26

vs Texas A&M Corpus Christi
4:00 PM CT
Radio Stream Begins:
3:30 pm CT
Streaming: Flo Baseball
Game Notes: https://storage.googleapis.com/hawkeyesports-com/2022/02/1ab6547a-022422_kleberg-bank-classic.pdf
Live Stats: https://goislanders.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

Sunday, Feb 27
vs Wichita State
11:00 AM CT
Radio Stream Begins:
10:30 am CT
Game Notes: https://storage.googleapis.com/hawkeyesports-com/2022/02/1ab6547a-022422_kleberg-bank-classic.pdf
Live Stats: https://goislanders.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

Last edited:
Hope the game gets played today. It’s only supposed to be 42 degrees at first pitch and I heard the park is right on the gulf and is a wind tunnel. Not the best baseball weather but I hope the hawks get the win today if we play

Didn’t dig deeply but … based upon upcoming games listed, it appears that both WBB and MBB games are broadcast.

As for phone vs PC, don’t know.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Didn’t dig deeply but … based upon upcoming games listed, it appears that both WBB and MBB games are broadcast.

As for phone vs PC, don’t know.

thanks for the info!

it is app only.

I downloaded the app to my Droid and it has the baseball games and the Men's & Women's basketball games listed! that's so awesome!

the stream for today's baseball game starts at 1:30 pm CT

Friday, Feb 25
vs Pepperdine
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network

thanks for the info!

it is app only.

I downloaded the app to my Droid and it has the baseball games and the Men's & Women's basketball games listed! that's so awesome!

the stream for today's baseball game starts at 1:30 pm CT

Friday, Feb 25
vs Pepperdine
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network

I looked at the app a bit more . . . appears to be created by Learfield Sports. Speculative guess on my part but I'm thinking that any games broadcast on the Learfield Sports Network would be on this app. Thus, I'm thinking that football games will be broadcast on it as well. FWIW.

Reactions: Franisdaman
@KyleHuesmann - nice pre-weekend write-up (again). For the good of the order, Texas State beat Wichita State last night 9-3. WSU heads into the weekend at 0-5.
Yeah I saw that. Think it was actually 9-2 (per WSU twitter), but they are still a dangerous team. I am worried about those two games (Sun and Fri) more than Pepperdine today.

Yeah I saw that. Think it was actually 9-2 (per WSU twitter), but they are still a dangerous team. I am worried about those two games (Sun and Fri) more than Pepperdine today.
Fat fingers on the keyboard on my part.
I'm glad Iowa gets WSU on Sunday. I expect that WSU won't be playing for their first season win by first pitch on Sunday.
From purely a selfish perspective, I'm really hoping that Mazur and Schultz have great outings and the bats break out big. I'd love to see Morgan go 4-5 innings against WSU followed by 4-5 innings of Brecht.
A guy can dream, right?!

Reactions: KyleHuesmann
Fat fingers on the keyboard on my part.
I'm glad Iowa gets WSU on Sunday. I expect that WSU won't be playing for their first season win by first pitch on Sunday.
From purely a selfish perspective, I'm really hoping that Mazur and Schultz have great outings and the bats break out big. I'd love to see Morgan go 4-5 innings against WSU followed by 4-5 innings of Brecht.
A guy can dream, right?!
It's flipping 40 degrees and windy in CC, TX today. Maybe a low scoring affair?

It's flipping 40 degrees and windy in CC, TX today. Maybe a low scoring affair?

So far, very accurate.
1-0 Hawkeyes T5.
First batter for Pepperdine grounded back to Mazur for the first out.
Mazur has been working fast, throwing lots of strikes and being extremely efficient. No Pepperdine player has yet to reach second base.
Now a swinging K. Two outs.

Quick 5th inning for both teams. Still 1-0 Iowa.
Two Ks for Mazur in T5.
Iowa goes down on 5 pitches in B5.

Mazur gets a 1-2-3 inning:
K
2-3
6-3
9 total pitches.
If my count is accuate, Mazur has thrown 65 pitches in 6 innings. He should have plenty of tank in the gas.

Seegers leads off B6 with a single up the middle. #InsideOutAndBackwardsRally

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
Ugh.
With Williams at plate, pitch in dirt and gets away from catcher a short distance.
Seegers takes off. Gets to second safely but over slides the base and is tagged out.
He's been "down" and attended to at second base for a couple of minutes.
OK. Walking off under own power.
What looked to be a good break and an astute read by Seegers ends up with a tough result.

Hopefully Seegers is okay. Did anybody see what happened? I missed it
Radio broadcast suggesting the Seegers got hit in the side with the catcher's throw. With Fullard out, the Hawkeyes may be a bit thin up the middle. Good to hear that he walked off the field under his own power. Hopefully, nothing but a bruise after getting hit with the ball in cold weather.

Williams now takes 3rd base after another pitch in the dirt.
1 out.
Pepperdine brings the infield in.
Ball four.
Runners on 1st and 3rd. One out. Hojnar coming up (1-2 so far).

EDIT: Hojnar swinging K. Snep at the plate.
EDIT #2: Snep singles to LF. Hawks up 2-0. Big 2 out hit. Frazier to the plate. Pepperdine's pitcher done for the day.

Radio broadcast suggesting the Seegers got hit in the side with the catcher's throw. With Fullard out, the Hawkeyes may be a bit thin up the middle. Good to hear that he walked off the field under his own power. Hopefully, nothing but a bruise after getting hit with the ball in cold weather.

Williams now takes 3rd base after another pitch in the dirt.
1 out.
Pepperdine brings the infield in.
Ball four.
Runners on 1st and 3rd. One out. Hojnar coming up (1-2 so far).
Interesting. It looked like he was spitting blood when he was walking off so I thought he hit his mouth on the slide somehow

And, it just dawned on me that @KyleHuesmann is doing the analysis in the Lounge and on Twitter. I don't want to undermine his effort. I'll post occasional updates but follow him here or on Twitter @HuesmannKyle . . . you'll get immediate updates from him.

And, it just dawned on me that @KyleHuesmann is doing the analysis in the Lounge and on Twitter. I don't want to undermine his effort. I'll post occasional updates but follow him here or on Twitter @HuesmannKyle . . . you'll get immediate updates from him.
I don't think it's considered undermining.

To T8; Iowa up 3-0. Mazur at 78 pitches. He's back on the mound. 6-7-8 in Pepperdine's order due up.

T8; 2 outs; runner on second.
Dylan Nedved in to close things out.

EDIT: Mission accomplished. After a wild pitch on an 0-2 count; Nedved gets the hitter to ground out to 2B on a 2-2 count. Iowa up 3-0 heading to B8.

Well . . . here we go.
To T9. Iowa up 3-0.
Pepperdine beat ranked UCLA earlier this week with a ninth inning grand slam. Let's hope that lightning doesn't strike twice.

EDIT:
HBP
Walk . . . Pepperdine has something brewing with no outs.
EDIT #2:
F-9 - 1 out; runners on corners. Radio broadcaster suggesting that Nedved having trouble finding the strike zone.
EDIT #3:
Single to LF. 3-1 Iowa. Runners on 1st and 2nd.
EDIT #4:
Swinging K. 2 outs. Runners on 1st (tying run) and 2nd.
EDIT #5:
Swinging K. Fly the Tiger Hawk! Iowa moves to 4-0.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT