***Official Iowa at Michigan State Baseball Game Thread - 12:05pm CT - BTN+***

gtghawk

HR All-American
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2001
Very frustrating to constantly win 2 out of 3 with the loss being a blowout. I thought we had some decent depth at pitching but it seems to get less and less by the week. I believe we really needed the sweep this weekend then next weekend at least 2 out of 3.
How are other games going this weekend?
i guess we need more higher quality pitchers to get sweep. hopefully our good young arms develop along with some new arms coming into the program.

dtripp26

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
Very frustrating to constantly win 2 out of 3 with the loss being a blowout. I thought we had some decent depth at pitching but it seems to get less and less by the week. I believe we really needed the sweep this weekend then next weekend at least 2 out of 3.

It seems there are a lot of people on this board who mistake this team for the 27 Yankees.

We are a slightly above average Big10 team. Our W/L record and RPI shows that this year and it's been hovering at that level for a few years now.

We have a way to go to be a consistent at-large NCAA tournament team.

overeasy

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
It seems there are a lot of people on this board who mistake this team for the 27 Yankees.

We are a slightly above average Big10 team. Our W/L record and RPI shows that this year and it's been hovering at that level for a few years now.

True. But before Heller, Iowa had a way to go to be a consistent .500 team.

HawkeyeGenius

HR All-American
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2021

I think it's just a case of fans getting a taste of regionals in 2015 and 2017. It's fun to play in them. Since then we've been on the cusp and can't get it done. It's frustrating.

whatsup13579er

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2015
Ben Beutel? Turning Nedved into a full time pitcher? Ty Langenberg’s jump?
Maybe it’s like this everywhere in college baseball but it just seems like Iowa has no idea what they’re going to get from everyone but Mazur when they take the ball. It’s frustrating as fans. I can only imagine what it’s like for the coaches.

ConvenientParking

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Maybe it’s like this everywhere in college baseball but it just seems like Iowa has no idea what they’re going to get from everyone but Mazur when they take the ball. It’s frustrating as fans. I can only imagine what it’s like for the coaches.

It's all of baseball. 150 year pitching shortage.

Reactions: 7 Dunks

Kelsers

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003

Slightly above average? Iowa is in the top 3 or 4 I believe.

Reactions: kkhawk

gtghawk

HR All-American
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2001

Big Ten Standings

I am happy that we are in a position to where we can compete for Big Ten titles.

Go Hawkeyes!!!

hawkhead87

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2010
I can see how you are frustrated that Iowa keeps winning series and is 3rd in the Big Ten

But just imagine how frustrated I was before Heller got here..........

Reactions: whatsup13579er