ADVERTISEMENT

******Official Iowa at Northwestern Game Thread******

hawklover69

Scout Team
Sep 8, 2017
Started the thread against Illinois on a Thursday and we won so I thought I'd stick with it. If you don't like it SmyC.

Hawks roll in this one.

IOWA 26
NW 15

Not sure what to think of this one. NW typically gives us fits, and I think they are better than their record indicates.
Anyone who might think they are "not very good" are fooling themselves. Fitz will have them ready to play.

If they are able to force our linebackers to cover backs and receivers in space, it will be a long day. If our offense can get the passing game working to set up the run, then I look for a Hawk victory.

Reactions: hawklover69
no weather issues like last year - I think the bye week helped us iron out a few things on defense, and offense. I think we come out motivated and win 28-24.

Reactions: hawklover69
Not sure what to think of this one. NW typically gives us fits, and I think they are better than their record indicates.
Anyone who might think they are "not very good" are fooling themselves. Fitz will have them ready to play.

If they are able to force our linebackers to cover backs and receivers in space, it will be a long day. If our offense can get the passing game working to set up the run, then I look for a Hawk victory.
Agreed. They are better than their record. According to my sources look for BF to air it out early and often.

Line play will be the X factor in this game IMO. Iowa's OLine needs to punch them in the mouth first and give AWad some room to run. Keep it simple.

Reactions: iowa surfer
I also believe if the DLine can make the QB feel uncomfortable it will take some pressure off our Linebackers and Defensive Backs thus limiting their pass game.

Bottom Line: The line (O & D) wins football games.

I moved to Dallas this week, so I've got to try and find a new place to watch the game. Biggest downside to living down here is no Hawkeye dedicated bars.

No bueno is the outcome I see. NW has Iowa's number and the Hawks can't get out of their own way in the first half. Until they play a complete game it's going to be ugly.

I moved to Dallas this week, so I've got to try and find a new place to watch the game. Biggest downside to living down here is no Hawkeye dedicated bars.
Reddit cfbstreams you’ll most likely be able to find one in hd

If Iowa comes out and lays a turd off a bye week I’m going to snap.
It helps if we start a chant on the message board.

160823083327_1_900x600.jpg

8bd6fa4c921b3af442654992a2e6fff5--andrew-dice-clay-comedians.jpg

_87204190_bush1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I'm so sorry.

Hope you can turn it around and get out of Texas soon.

Best of luck!

dallas always has had good I-club action. I have been here since 1990 in Austin and I have been to several games in dallas when I'm visiting. { did you try wizard's? }

Last edited:
dallas always has had good I-club action. I have been here since 1990 in Austin and I have been to several games in dallas when I'm visiting. { did you try wizard's? }

I've yet to try anywhere yet, so if you have a suggestion I'm all ears. I'm currently living in Arlington at the moment, and a lot of these bars are pretty far away. There is one in south Arlington by the name of "Bobby V's Sports Gallery Cafe" but I wasn't sure since it looked a little iffy on the outside.

Does Wizard's usually have a good fan turn out?

I'm so sorry.

Hope you can turn it around and get out of Texas soon.

Best of luck!

Hey, I chose to move! I'll miss the hell out of Iowa though.

Thanks!

I've yet to try anywhere yet, so if you have a suggestion I'm all ears. I'm currently living in Arlington at the moment, and a lot of these bars are pretty far away. There is one in south Arlington by the name of "Bobby V's Sports Gallery Cafe" but I wasn't sure since it looked a little iffy on the outside.

Does Wizard's usually have a good fan turn out?

Hey, I chose to move! I'll miss the hell out of Iowa though.

Thanks!
every time I've been there, yes. but it's been a while. the iowa club website lists like 4 different bars. I used to go up there a lot to the bmx races in Desoto , seems like I've been to a few more bars through the years but I do not recall each one. but for sure wizard's was the "go to " place unless times have changed.

While I understand the need and value of bye weeks, I am happy the long national nightmare is finally over. The world is a little less fun when the Hawks ain't playing on Saturday.

GO HAWKS!

Reactions: naturalmwa
Anyone else watching Gameday? Was it me or are they starting to use the phrase "that Iowa team from a couple years ago" to describe a team that isn't as good as their rank shows?

I was only partially listening, so I could be wrong. But if not, that pisses me off.

There are several Hawks Bars. I usually go to BWW in Lewisville...happen to be in Nashville this week so I won't be there. You can also go to Wizards...and there is a third option as well.

We saw a game in south Austin or San Marcos with a good Iowa crowd and I-club. They sold large drinking glasses that had the texas state with a hawk over the top of it - only $2 I think. In AZ where I live the I-club wanted $5.

Gonna need Stanley to start making some plays down the field today.

They just said Northwestern has given up 20 sacks on gameday!? We already have an odd lineup in, let's just blitz.

Or go nickel so we don't have to see the quick slants tear up our lbs.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT