ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at Rutgers Game Thread. 7:30 pm CT. BTN*****

My problem with Jordan is he at least needs to develop some kind of foul game. Draw a foul or two on guys closing hard, get guys to leave their feet and find their body.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
In the last 3 games JBo is 7 for 33 for 21% and was 2-11 tonight in a game that the Hawks lost by 2. I've been a supporter of Jbo getting minutes before but I don't know how much longer you can have him in there getting all those minutes given his shooting woes. He's obviously not in there for his defense. I'd really like to see Fran start allocating some of his and Pmac's minutes to Kris and Perkins but I know that this isn't going to change. A whole bunch of players struggled tonight.

On a brighter note the last 2 games have been Rebraca's best games as a Hawk. Hopefully he can keep that momentum going forward.

Reactions: forhawks1980
My problem with Jordan is he at least needs to develop some kind of foul game. Draw a foul or two on guys closing hard, get guys to leave their feet and find their body.
Obviously he's never been the most athletic guy but they used to drive and feed him back out on the perimeter. , he was money. Now he can't make the shots.

Reactions: Buffalo43
He and everyone on the team was trying to draw a foul and the refs were not calling them

Obviously he's never been the most athletic guy but they used to drive and feed him back out on the perimeter. , he was money. Now he can't make the shots.
Tonight they didn't drive to the rim, they went sideways most of the night. When you don't have a post presence, you don't have to help as much and it makes it even harder for the gus on the perimeter.

Garza wouldn't put the game in others hands the last few minutes. He go through a triple team if necessary!

I'm done arguing with you

You go ahead and disagree, don't care....

Your disparaging comments of Garza are idiotic BTW
Let me help you out. Saying one player is better than another is not disparaging.

Saying "he's no X" is definitely disparaging.

Of all the things you could blame or complain about you chose Keegan? Stupid.

That's not travelling. He released the ball before he came back down.
Wrong that is traveling. You can’t dribble the ball with your pivot foot off the ground. You have 2 choices and they are pass or shoot. Good call
the officiating was crooked tonight, no doubt about it but that doesn't excuse Iowa's poor play and even poorer coaching
so if I get this correct coaches and players coach poor and play poor but officials are criminals? Nice! No wonder we continue to have a shortage of officials. Pathetic! Fans are pathetic and suck!!

Let me help you out. Saying one player is better than another is not disparaging.

Saying "he's no X" is definitely disparaging.

Of all the things you could blame or complain about you chose Keegan? Stupid.
We have nobody that wants to step up and win games for us!! It's a pretty important issue there bud...

Wrong that is traveling. You can’t dribble the ball with your pivot foot off the ground. You have 2 choices and they are pass or shoot. Good call

so if I get this correct coaches and players coach poor and play poor but officials are criminals? Nice! No wonder we continue to have a shortage of officials. Pathetic! Fans are pathetic and suck!!
Kinda looked like ru knocked it out of his hands? I didn't rewind though

When you call a foul with 2 seconds left that is clearly not a foul giving the team two free throws, yes that is the refs handing the game to one team.

Timing of a bad call is absolutely important. If they call that with 2 minutes to go, it's bad but not the same. Iowa at least has time to overcome it.

With the foul call at 2 seconds, the ref handed the win to Rutgers.

Ref has to understand the context in which he's operating. Harper wasn't doing anything with the ball and Keegan had his hands up with 2 seconds left. Ridiculous.
What a shame, fing refs interject themselves in the outcome.
Wasn't even a foul based on the replay. Lol
See the last minute of last Saturday northwestern mich state game same crazy calls that no can explain and announcers cant beliec3 either

Reactions: Sett1997
Tonight they didn't drive to the rim, they went sideways most of the night. When you don't have a post presence, you don't have to help as much and it makes it even harder for the gus on the perimeter.
Not long ago saw Keegan post up down low and when we’ll defended hit a beautiful turn around jumper very rarely see them pos5 him up down low he is very difficult to stop when he gets it there

if you think the officials were fair tonight you're smoking meth and crack

Reactions: TheRealHerky

100%. How many times could Iowa have gone to the line last night with a single head fake, A LOT. Iowa was blinking and 3 Rutgers players would leave their feet or over pursue. I see people saying "Rutgers played such good defense" Bullshit they did, an adequate half court offense would've had half their team fouled out in the 2nd half. Also Bohannon had more wide open looks last night then he's had all season combined, great D.

You are nothing but a troll. Everyone here know that about you?
Not a troll, Maybe I need to say their shooting was putrid
Just stating that everyone's shot was not falling. This is a team with a 85 point average and they were far from that in the game. Rutger's defense had a lot to do with that. Hell Kegan had a bad night n scoring only 12 points. They were all over him like ugly on ape. JB was way off. I felt a few shots he was fouled on a couple and no call. They totally got into his head as evident by the airballs.
Our point guards were dribbling around at the top of the key till 4-5 seconds left and then passing to the shooters for a poor shot. Should have tried to penetrate and kick it out to a shooter for a better look

ADVERTISEMENT