ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL IOWA at Rutgers Game Thread*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Might as well start a game thread with this BIG Rutgers injury update.

Jerry Carino‏@NJHoopsHaven

Rutgers news: I'm told Mike Williams injured an ankle in practice yesterday and is out indefinitely. Tough loss. The senior guard sets the tone for this team's toughness.

Iowa 76
Rutgers 90

I think they catch fire at home and our defense is not good. Also Fran will go back to playing 11 guys instead of 7-8.

Reactions: Mcbooger
Caption this pic

Fran McCaffery visits with former @IowaWBB head coach Vivian Stringer before an afternoon workout at Rutgers.

I will start.

Vivian: "Fran, I need some help on the 2-3 zone and I have heard that you are an expert on defense."

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

DTwl-RLW4AEnB3R.jpg

Caption this pic

Fran McCaffery visits with former @IowaWBB head coach Vivian Stringer before an afternoon workout at Rutgers.

I will start.

Vivian: "Fran, I need some help on the 2-3 zone and I have heard that you are an expert on defense."

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

DTwl-RLW4AEnB3R.jpg
I get the humor in that, but remember the coaching fraternity is one big family. These coaches understand the ups and downs of their profession, and feel for each other during their struggles. Especially someone with Iowa ties like CV Stringer.

I get the humor in that, but remember the coaching fraternity is one big family. These coaches understand the ups and downs of their profession, and feel for each other during their struggles. Especially someone with Iowa ties like CV Stringer.
I wish she had never left Iowa.

Stringer is old enough to do whatever she wishes; she has a love for Iowa... so how cool would it be if she served on Fran’s staff as a defensive coach. Fran’s teams have never played great defense and her teams tend to struggle offensively. Together they could get a lot done! They can both recruit!! ( I am not suggesting he serve on her staff because I am sexist, but because I am an Iowa fan, so don’t go there!)

Reactions: Mohawkeye
As critical as I have been of Fran...I have said I think this team still wins 4 games in conference this year...even though I had no idea which ones they'd win...with the recent injury news for Rutgers, I think this may be win number two for the Hawks.

The win comes via overcoming the terrible officiating. :cool:

In this case, getting some reserves in might help. Lid on the basket for Garza, JayBo and Baer can't create their own shot.

Still cant believe its been 25 years

Life is short, indeed.

It is hard to believe.

I will never forget the morning of January 20, 1993. I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when she woke me up for school that day. My parents had WHO radio on every morning and that's where I believe she first heard the news. I just remember my reaction after she told me being one of utter shock and disbelief. I was in 6th grade at the time and had a pretty sheltered life, so it was hard for me to fully grasp the vibrant young man I had just watched play his ass off against Duke that Saturday be taken from this Earth 3 days later. When the topic comes up this time of year, it's still hard for me to fathom.

I also remember all the basketball sneakers the rest of that year, from elementary school to high school, representing CMS #40. You're damn right I wrote CMS #40 on my pair of Nikes. About every kid did playing basketball in the state of Iowa that year.

It doesn't seem like 25 years have passed. A short life indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT