ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL IOWA at Rutgers Game Thread*****

Told the wife she could switch it back to the bachelor while I listen to podcasts. What a waste of time.

Unless Cook is wildly in love w Iowa City and U of I, he’s likely transferring this spring.

He’s too talented to share time w 9, 10 other guys and get yanked after a mistake or two.

Did Fran ever have athletic guards at Sienna?
Many of us have been trying to figure out why he struggles so mightily to bring in quickness and athleticism to the backcourt when there are a plethora of players out there that would be an upgrade.
Any insight?

First off, not criticizing, but it's Siena with one n. :)

Fran had Ron Moore at the point, a bit of an undersized point who was lightning quick, had great court vision, who was the leader of the team, pass first, but could also score, either dribble drive, or drive and dish to drop a dime.

Kenny Hasbrouk was the 2 guard, and he could do anything. Player of the year one of his four years, and all conference, as were many of the starters.

The problem for me is that I don't see what was always the hallmark of Fran teams - driving to the basket and making more free throws than the other team attempts. Also, turnovers were NEVER a problem before like they are this year.

ADVERTISEMENT