ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at the B1G Tournament Games Thread*****

NCAA needs to change the rules to cheating = forfeit.

ENTIRE tourney is tarnished because of UM cheating. Way to go.

As I said above, the cheating pitcher, Weiss, pitched 3 innings on Friday, May 27 vs Maryland. He gave up 2 hits and just 1 run. He had 3 strike outs. Michigan won that game 15-8

Go back and see if the same thing was happening, and if so, toss Michigan from the tournament. That way, they have 0 chance for the NCAA Tournament as well.

It's so crazy that there's no post-ejection penalty. He could have been cheating for some time. They should at least reset the count on the current batter or give the current batter first base or something. Wild.
This situation is very embarrassing for the University of Michigan. Very interested to see what the Big 10 does with this. A forfeit would be nice.

Good season considering all our offensive limitations. It’s a shame we weren’t a below .500 team that was located in a warmer state

I think he is, college rules are very lax on this subject. In MLB its an automatic 10 game suspension, that's not the case in college.
By rule he is not.
The ejecting umpire is supposed to fill out a report immediately following the game and contact either the conference, tournament and/or NCAA.

The ejected player is not allowed to dress for the next game, be on site (at the field, in the dugout) or have any contact with anyone affiliated with the event once pregame activities start.

With this being a conference tournament, the process should be taken care of quickly.

By rule he is not.
The ejecting umpire is supposed to fill out a report immediately following the game and contact either the conference, tournament and/or NCAA.

The ejected player is not allowed to dress for the next game, be on site (at the field, in the dugout) or have any contact with anyone affiliated with the event once pregame activities start.

With this being a conference tournament, the process should be taken care of quickly.

Good, I couldn't find it except a BA article talking about it from last year.

He's not supposed to be in the dugout? Odd that the cameras kept showing him in the dugout after it had happened.

I guess I will give the Michigan coach a little credit.

He said to Danan Hughes that "We made a mistake there. We have to own it."

I still want to know if Weiss had a foreign substance on his glove on Friday when he pitched 3 innings vs Maryland. And if he did? Throw Michigan out and declare Rutgers the champion.

But what about Michigan's chance of winning the B1G Tourney, where they would automatically make the NCAA Tournament? Sorry, cheaters, your season is over.

By rule he is not.

wow. interesting. I love how they hand the glove off to someone for safe keeping

I guess I will give the Michigan coach a little credit.

He said to Danan Hughes that "We made a mistake there. We have to own it."

I still want to know if Weiss had a foreign substance on his glove on Friday when he pitched 3 innings vs Maryland. And if he did? Throw Michigan out and declare Rutgers the champion.

But what about Michigan's chance of winning the B1G Tourney, where they would automatically make the NCAA Tournament? Sorry, cheaters, your season is over.

Honestly the coaches are just as much to blame as the kid. There is no way in heck that none of the coaches knew he was using a substance. IMO the head coach should have gotten ejected as well.

ADVERTISEMENT