ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at the B1G Tournament Games Thread*****

People have asked me why Iowa doesnt have better non conference opponents for mid week games. The issue is there is hardly any one to play nearby.

Maybe we should just get rid of some of these midweek games and have intrasquad scrimmages instead. That way you give the younger pitchers a chance for some game action and you don't kill your RPI.

@KyleHuesmann , I am assuming there is a postseason press conference. I would be interested in hearing how Heller plans to schedule moving forward, since RPI seems to mean everything to the Selection Committee. You tweeted about how teams like Dallas Baptist scheduled in order to manipulate their RPI. Does Iowa need to play more games in the preseason against tougher opponents? Should Iowa have fewer midweek games (especially against the RPI killer teams) once the B1G schedule starts?

Maybe we should just get rid of some of these midweek games and have intrasquad scrimmages instead. That way you give the younger pitchers a chance for some game action and you don't kill your RPI.

@KyleHuesmann , I am assuming there is a postseason press conference. I would be interested in hearing how Heller plans to schedule moving forward, since RPI seems to mean everything to the Selection Committee. You tweeted about how teams like Dallas Baptist scheduled in order to manipulate their RPI. Does Iowa need to play more games in the preseason against tougher opponents? Should Iowa have fewer midweek games (especially against the RPI killer teams) once the B1G schedule starts?
Play road games as opposed to neutral sites.

Midweek games will always be a thing whether you like it or not. A scrimmage is not the same as an actual game. Unfortunately, for Iowa the school won’t let them travel far because they will miss classes and any decent teams in the area will not come to Iowa. Missouri has told Heller they will not come here.

Midweek games will always be a thing whether you like it or not. A scrimmage is not the same as an actual game. Unfortunately, for Iowa the school won’t let them travel far because they will miss classes and any decent teams in the area will not come to Iowa. Missouri has told Heller they will not come here.
Missouri not coming to Iowa should have an * next to it. Naturally they did one year on a whim when it benefitted them RPI wise. Neither made the tournament.

• Sad
Reactions: Franisdaman
Well then let's force these schools to come here for the arbitrarily necessary midweek game and tell them they're going to lose to benefit Iowa and they're gonna like it..........

ND has told Heller the same.

ADVERTISEMENT