ADVERTISEMENT

* * * OFFICIAL * * * Iowa Bye week Game Thread

KuwaitHawk

HB Legend
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2004
Hello 7-0 Iowa Hawkeye fans. It is finally here. Iowa's bye week. How many people actually thought Iowa would be 7-0 at this point in the season? Iowa is tied with the best record at 7-0 with four other teams (Temple who got 7 last night, TCU, OSU and MSU. The last three should go to 8-0). Time to get the bumps and bruises mended, the ache and pains cleared. Is the bye week a good thing or a bad thing? The team has been playing well with the patchwork players using the 'Next Man In' approach. Other games that will have Iowa's attention this week end include the two other games involving B1G West teams. Wisconsin at Illinois and NW at Nebraska. Who to root for has been discussed in other threads and both sides have their points. However, a win by Illinois over Wisconsin gives Wisconsin their second DIVISION loss and Iowa a 3-game lead over them. A NW wins gives Nebraska a third DIVISION loss and all but eliminates them from the division race. Illinois still has 2 tough games against the East. NW also has some tough games left. Looking forward to the second half of the season and Iowa continuing to win. GO HAWKEYES!!!

Reactions: IAGuy
I was at the game last year in College Park. It looked like Iowa in a run away at the start...then the bottom dropped out. I cannot believe that will happen this year. Dominate Hawks!

CSFk29eUwAQSorW.png

I think Illinois wins, USC wins, and I think Clemson could potentially go down as well. Clemson has only played on the road once, and they beat an average Louisville team by three. I'm guessing Florida State will win at Georgia Tech, but it will probably be a close game throughout as Florida State games always are.

Nebby v NW, both these teams look awful. Ok maybe not awful but not good.

Looks like ISU will set the record for biggest loss. Down 28-0 with 11:42 left in 2nd qtr.

Last edited:
If NW could catch they would be steam rolling NEB right now my lord
We were benefactors of several drops last week as well. Seems like a trend. They are what they are and that is not a top 25 team.

surprisingly isu covered the point spread - does that count as a win for them?

surprisingly isu covered the point spread - does that count as a win for them?
Yes, in their minds it means they could hang with Baylor, which means that if they had Iowa's easy schedule they would now win 9 games.

Yes, in their minds it means they could hang with Baylor, which means that if they had Iowa's easy schedule they would now win 9 games.
I will say that I think they found their new QB, I've always thought they had better options than Richardson.

Alabama has lost at home to a 2-loss Mississippi team, and struggled at home to beat a 3-loss Tennessee team.

So the only question that remains is...will they be credited with 2 wins today or only the customary 1 1/2 wins?
You know if they would have lost they'd only drop 2 spots in the polls and still be talked about as one of the best teams in the country.

You know if they would have lost they'd only drop 2 spots in the polls and still be talked about as one of the best teams in the country.
Their remaining schedule
LSU - that's obviously legit
2-loss Mississippi State (the only road game left)
FCS Charleston Southern
3-loss Auburn

But since MSU and Auburn are in the SEC, despite their 5 combined losses, it's the rough equivalent of playing a lower-tier NFL team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT