ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA @ Indiana Game Thread*****

THE__HAMMER

Scout Team
Aug 27, 2018
All,

Apologies again for the late game thread last week I think we are back on a regular schedule although I almost missed the thread tonight because I’m down at the fiancées house visiting her tonight (no pics). Broke away for a little bit to get this up for those looking for something to read when they get into the office and don’t feel like working because it’s friday morning and they might be slightly hungover from last nights games. Anyway

Thoughts for the Indy game
-no need to get stressed about being behind wisc in west
-gotta take it 1 game at a time. I.e we can’t beat penn st until we beat Indy and marytown
-I see jimmy and big blue rolling the badgers in the big house in a big win..
-but we still need badgers to lose another and we need to stay unbeaten..
-staying unbeaten. just gotta make sure to beat penn st
-water cooler talk at the office was mostly around how much stan the man has improved week to week
-plan is to pause espn2 at 1045 and start raking leaves so I get back inside at noon and can start watching game to fast forward so no texts prolly till 1pm
Bonus action
-I see neb getting their first win this week and covering
-Iowa st upset west va
-Ohio st covers against minn

IOWA 22
Indy 20

Go hawks!

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Bump for the cubicle working man this morning.

I think Toren Young should get 90% of the carries and he has the best average. Wish KF would realize this!

Bump for the cubicle working man this morning.

I think Toren Young should get 90% of the carries and he has the best average. Wish KF would realize this!

Yeah. It’s hard to see how a professional football coach with nearly 150 victories who sees the players for 20 hours each week can’t see what we who work with Excel all day and see these players 3 hours per week on TV or from afar can see.

All,

Apologies again for the late game thread last week I think we are back on a regular schedule although I almost missed the thread tonight because I’m down at the fiancées house visiting her tonight (no pics). Broke away for a little bit to get this up for those looking for something to read when they get into the office and don’t feel like working because it’s friday morning and they might be slightly hungover from last nights games. Anyway

Thoughts for the Indy game
-no need to get stressed about being behind wisc in west
-gotta take it 1 game at a time. I.e we can’t beat penn st until we beat Indy and marytown
-I see jimmy and big blue rolling the badgers in the big house in a big win..
-but we still need badgers to lose another and we need to stay unbeaten..
-staying unbeaten. just gotta make sure to beat penn st
-water cooler talk at the office was mostly around how much stan the man has improved week to week
-plan is to pause espn2 at 1045 and start raking leaves so I get back inside at noon and can start watching game to fast forward so no texts prolly till 1pm
Bonus action
-I see neb getting their first win this week and covering
-Iowa st upset west va
-Ohio st covers against minn

IOWA 22
Indy 20

Go hawks!
Good predictions although I don't think Nebby will beat Northwestern.

Reactions: THE__HAMMER
Nebby beats the cats today... Got that feeling...

And iowa and ind will play a tight one today... But hawks come out on top

Go hawks!

Three words:
Beth Mowins.

giphy.gif

This game really scares me. I really see it as a toss up. If we run the ball I think we win by 10, but that’s a huge if. I do think Nebraska gets a W, but 0-6 would be their worst record ever so I’m hoping for that.

This game really scares me. I really see it as a toss up. If we run the ball I think we win by 10, but that’s a huge if. I do think Nebraska gets a W, but 0-6 would be their worst record ever so I’m hoping for that.

I'm with you on it scaring me, especially with our makeshift back 7. Going by the numbers, everything is pretty identical offensively. Defensively they give up ~157 on the ground per game, so that favors us.

Hoping we can play the game on our terms of ball control on offense and the D-line causing mayhem and putting their offense in tough spots.

As for Nebby, I hope they lose by 100. Growing up in western Iowa, the Husker tears are delicious.

IKM not playing today. Fant made the trip and I think he plays, but not confirmed yet.

Do you guys drink during 11am game? Struggling with the decision to start boozing or not. Leaves are taking a backseat this morning.

Reactions: Ree4
I’ve been blessed all season with the 2:30 start times. This isn’t the first time this season I’m at work when the game is on. Will be listening to Gary and Ed for it this week.

I’ve been blessed all season with the 2:30 start times. This isn’t the first time this season I’m at work when the game is on. Will be listening to Gary and Ed for it this week.

is there a good option online to listen to the broadcast?

I use the TuneIn radio app on my phone. I search “Iowa Hawkeye Sports Network” on the app and it’s there

Naturally Gary Dolphin is 30 seconds behind on the stream. Can't be that far behind. Mute it is.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT