ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA @ Minnesota Game Thread*****

THE__HAMMER

Scout Team
Aug 27, 2018
Apologies for being MIA lately & the fact that the game thread wasn't posted last night.

-Should be a good game saturday afternoon.
-Hawks will receive kickoff and deliver the first blow with a play action over the top to Fant for a 37 yard touchdown pass.
-Who is all going to the game? I will not be there.
-Minnesota has an anemic offense and will struggle to get anything going on IOWA's top 5 defense.
-Hawks should roll fairly easily in this affair.
-Stanley is getting more confidence after Becky game and expect it to continue.
-Will be watching the game in live action. Feel free to text during game.
-I still see the HAWKS getting to Indy. Becky isn't that good.
-PJ Fleck is overrated.
-Kirk Ferentz is underrated and still doesn't get the love he deserves.

HAWKS 23
Gophers 9

Go HAWKS. Have a good friday.

HAMMER HAWK

If we lose this game I will eat my wife's edible underwear.
tenor.gif

this game reminds me of the 1999 season when there was absolutely no chance to win the Conference... but every game I would still hope for an Iowa Hawkeye victory.

I know there ain't no way Iowa wins the West... but it is kinda fun to think about the impossible happening... and Wisconsin losing 2 of their remaining 8 games.

strange things have happened in the game of football... but perhaps nothing would be stranger... nevertheless... I'd like to see Iowa win out and be there should the unimaginable occur.

IT’S HAMMMMMMMMER TIME!

Apologies for being MIA lately & the fact that the game thread wasn't posted last night.

-Should be a good game saturday afternoon.
-Hawks will receive kickoff and deliver the first blow with a play action over the top to Fant for a 37 yard touchdown pass.
-Who is all going to the game? I will not be there.
-Minnesota has an anemic offense and will struggle to get anything going on IOWA's top 5 defense.
-Hawks should roll fairly easily in this affair.
-Stanley is getting more confidence after Becky game and expect it to continue.
-Will be watching the game in live action. Feel free to text during game.
-I still see the HAWKS getting to Indy. Becky isn't that good.
-PJ Fleck is overrated.
-Kirk Ferentz is underrated and still doesn't get the love he deserves.

HAWKS 23
Gophers 9

Go HAWKS. Have a good friday.

HAMMER HAWK

47 degrees at kickoff. Very little wind.

With some important guys missing, and a walk on FR QB at the helm, Minny will have to play the game of their lives to stay with this team. They probably will. :(

But, it won't be enough. Hawks control the LOS, the ground and the air. Hawks 31-10.

this game reminds me of the 1999 season when there was absolutely no chance to win the Conference... but every game I would still hope for an Iowa Hawkeye victory.

I know there ain't no way Iowa wins the West... but it is kinda fun to think about the impossible happening... and Wisconsin losing 2 of their remaining 8 games.

strange things have happened in the game of football... but perhaps nothing would be stranger... nevertheless... I'd like to see Iowa win out and be there should the unimaginable occur.
Still a chance. Becky will lose 2 of 3 at Michigan, at OSU, at Northwestern. But can we run the table and win in HV?

Reactions: THE__HAMMER
if becky=wisconsin... we haven't played anyone since then, how could stanley be getting more confidence???

I think I smell a herbie.
Yea Stanley's 2-9 4th quarter Cleveland Steamer He laid against Wisconsin sure should have Him brimming with renewed confidence .

Reactions: crketelsen
I see Iowa dominating on both sides of the ball. Pass defense may be a problem, but not a big one. Four sacks wouldn’t surprise me with a bunch of hurries. Their run defense will be gassed in a major way halfway through the 3rd. Stanley is gaining confidence and should break a couple of long ones with Minnesota’s banged up and young secondary. Love to see Brandon Smith have a breakout game and this could be the one.

Iowa. 45
Goofies 13

Reactions: THE__HAMMER
IOWA -- 52
Minnesota -- 9

I would love to see the Hawkeyes run tempo throughout their first drive all the way to the end zone. It helps avoid a lethargic start, which Iowa has suffered from many times on the road, and it gets Minny on its heels. Please, BF and KF, go tempo and send a message.

BTN: "Minnesota has one of the best defenses in the Big Ten if not in the country." Yah, some talkin' head just said that. Un-be-leev-able. But it is the BTN....:rolleyes:

Reactions: McLovin32
BTN2Go is such garbage. I can't get the stream to load.

BTN: "Minnesota has one of the best defenses in the Big Ten if not in the country." Yah, some talkin' head just said that. Un-be-leev-able. But it is the BTN....:rolleyes:
Did Mason say that? Given some of his defenses, I can see how he'd think this one was good.

Expectations are low for this game. Could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised by a win or a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT