ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa Primary Election Night****

I think she is earnest, but way too young and inexperienced to be a serious candidate for Senator. I think she got way out in front of her skis here, running for the US Senate.

She should fall back and develop some experience/track record if she is serious about holding a high national office. That said...looking across the country, there are plenty of other folks holding seats in Congress with less chops than her.
She had a better shot at governor than the US Senate.

Instead of being heavily backed by the DNC Abby was on her own this time,.. This is what she is.
Probably turned a lot of people off with the ballot issue and the lack of effort from the beginning. Doing the bare minimum to start is not a good look, especially for someone who had been through a couple of campaigns before.

Probably turned a lot of people off with the ballot issue and the lack of effort from the beginning. Doing the bare minimum to start is not a good look, especially for someone who had been through a couple of campaigns before.

She just doesn't have the experience yet...

Its fun looking at the lefties in this thread really talk themselves into Franken. The OP was wondering if Carlin could get to 30%, he doesn't then another leftist jumps in and thinks Grassley did poor last night. We all should be happy Carlin didn't have more support as he was a big proponent of the Big Steal.
If you don’t think there are factions within the GOP support for Grassley then you’re not paying attention.

If you don’t think there are factions within the GOP support for Grassley then you’re not paying attention.
Agreed and that would have shown if the other guy would have got over 30 percent like the OP said. He didn’t, and Grassley will win by double digits in November and over Franken.

Leftists like yourself love dogging Grassley and I agree he is way to lo old to be holding public office, but he still viewed in a positive light by Iowans(who aren’t partisan hacks) for his contributions to our state and how he has handled himself with class throughout his 40 plus year run.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT