ADVERTISEMENT

* * * OFFICIAL * * * Iowa vs Georgia Tech Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuwaitHawk

HR Legend
Apr 18, 2004
Hello, good morning and Happy New Year to all. Have been traveling the last 12 hours and still have more to go. On my way back to Iraq. Spent the last two weeks in states on vacation. Am between flights here in Amsterdam. Will be in Kuwait before kickoff but probably not going to be able to post during game like normal. Anyway, I see this is a tight game and not sure how we will do early. If we are close or have a halftime lead, Iowa wins. If Tech jumps out early, it could be a long night. Look for RS to get it going early. My call is Iowa 37 Ga Tech 31.

Good Morning HAWK fans. There is no way we let them in the endzone that many times. three field goals and a td for them 16 we score just enough to win 20.

Kuwaithawk, when are you going to be back in the states on a more permanant basis. You have been in Iraq almost as long as I have been in the Army.

I like your prediction on the game. Stay safe. Go HAWKS!!!

Go Hawkeyes from SEC land!!

Let's play some tough 'ball and kick a little butt. Everyone here in Tennessee knows I'm a Hawkeye fan... winning this game would go a long way to solidifying our year and the showing folks the quality of team that we have.

Lot of talk about SEC dominance and a weak Big Ten and it would be nice to go out on a high note.

Go Hawks!

The D is going to be outstanding and Stanzi is going to be good, maybe not great, but good and the running game is going over 150 yards.

Iowa 34
GT 16

Ike

I like everyone predicting Iowa to score more than 30 points. I have been saying we need to score more than 24 points to win this game.

As I have all year, I am hoping our offensive line can come out and establish our running game. GT has been run on in the past and our O-line needs to exert their will.

I expect the line will get it done which will allow Ricky to use play action which will limit turnovers. Iowa wins 31-23. Pat Angerer is player of the game on Defense for the number of tackles. Ricky on offense for some key deep balls off play action.

Can you feel the excitement???

Go Hawkeyes!!!

If we can establish a decent run game at the start, Stanzi will kill them with deep balls. He's great with PA, and DJK and McNutt should be able to dominate their matchups.

This game will be won by our defense though. I predict a huge game for Karl Klug and Christian Ballard, consistently breaking through and disrupting their rhythm.

Iowa - 28
GT - 17

Holy crap!!! There QB RB and WR are HUGE!!!!! We need to stick them hard baby!!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by BayAreaHawk:

Originally posted by ihawk in FWB:
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you say so!
I say so you old bitch. I saw you were up past 3am the other night. I know you were hurting.

Take a drink every time you hear the word "option" tonight. It'll be fun.

Shotgun a beer every time Ferentz is mispronounced.

Originally posted by hawkeyecharlie:
Holy crap!!! There QB RB and WR are HUGE!!!!! We need to stick them hard baby!!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I bet you do...
3dgrin.gif

Originally posted by MuscoHawk:
Take a drink every time you hear the word "option" tonight. It'll be fun.

Shotgun a beer every time Ferentz is mispronounced.

If we al did this the thread would die by halftime because we would all be passed out!!! :)

Worst coin flip I have ever seen. I think she has a future as a knuckle baller.

How does GT get the choice to defer, and then turn around and also get the choice of goals?

Tough break. The GT defender just happened to be in the right place to punch that ball out.

Prater just limped off the field after that third down play. Looked like an ankle injury, but I can't be sure at this point.

Didnt look like a cramp, crossing fingers though, so is it Lowe next in?

He didn't turn the ankle so I'm guessing maybe his foot. There was not contact.

Anyone else getting a really annoying reverb ?

My guess is a cramp... Especially the way he hopped off the field that quickly. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT