ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa vs Minnesota game thread****

Wait shouldn’t that be 2 shots and the ball. Dailey pretty much intentionally fouled him to keep him from getting an easy basket

Reactions: dawgs_04
That’s a high school team on the floor right now for Iowa! 2 walkons on the floor at the same time???

Fran now willing to throw the game away. I’m out

If he's pulling the starters for lack of defense, that is okay. I'd still leave in Moss. If Jbo is not scoring, makes sense to sit him. Cook doesn't make enough shots to make up for his turnovers sometimes.

Kudos to the person who posted CM would get more time than moss this half! Psychic.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I was going to post the same thing, I can see making a statement and benching the other 3 but Moss and Garza are the ones keeping IA somewhat in it (and I use that phrase very loosely).
I think the goal is a bigger picture goal.. I think you can still go to Garza and Moss and tell them this isn’t about them..

Just got home from Missouri, turned the game on and immediately turned it off. What a joke Iowa basketball is and will always be under Fran. This is not a tournament team, coach or program. Just a bottom feeder that gets lucky once in a while, but shits the bed when it matters.
Fran is the worst coach in terms of players utilization and rotation in the last 60 years at Iowa, even worse than Lick in that area. And this from a very old man who has been watching Iowa all his life

This is the shit u get when u don t have a real pt guard Fran can take a hike right along with his kids

Recruiting is showing it's ugly head. Fran better get some guys that can recruit or he is toast.

I was going to post the same thing, I can see making a statement and benching the other 3 but Moss and Garza are the ones keeping IA somewhat in it (and I use that phrase very loosely).
Exactly. EVERYONE is playing shit defense. Even Minnesota was doing it in the first half. But Garza and Moss were the only guys keeping Iowa in it. THE. ONLY. GUYS.

So definitely time to sit them in favor of Till and Dailey.

Why not bench everyone? If everything's a foul on us, then at least get your money's worth. All of those starters should understand physical play.

you f'cking kidding me? theres 12 minutes left in a huge game. fran is throwing a illogical hissy fit
Don’t play D don’t play at all.. If Iowa is gonna play D like this (like last year) they’re in some deep shit.. Decent time to prove a point

Reactions: Rudolph
Fran is clearly sending a message to his starters to get their shit together. This lineup is in no way an attempt to make a comeback. I kind of like it

I like it except for Moss and Garza for reasons already discussed in thread. I get your point, and Fran's actually - solid statement but poorly executed by Fran.

Just got caught up on DVR. What a ****ing joke giving up 55 in the first half. Defense has been a lot better this half, but they're down too far and Fran threw in the offensive towel.

Can’t wait for postgame Fran to make excuses about “horrible reffing” when his horrible coaching was the true problem. Take out anyone who can score and bench them for as long as you do. He takes out all of our players motivation to win. I can no longer support Fran. I’m tired of having tourney quality teams only to be dismantled by his grouchiness and terrible coaching. Go back to mid major school and take your sons with you.

ADVERTISEMENT