ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Iowa vs Northwestern game thread****

For the time being NW would be Iowa’s 3rd quad one win.. if they pulled a sweep this week they’d be one of just six teams with 4 Quad one wins (with 4 other teams in the NET top 50 having that opportunity this week). Two wins wouldn’t be big they’d be HUGE for this teams NCAA chances.

So it’s a battle of opposing styles tonight. NW likes to slow the pace down, plays good D, but struggles on the offensive end. I’m going to predict that there’s going to be a ton of fouls called tonight, very disjointed game with no rhythm, and the team that hits the higher % of foul shots wins.

So it’s a battle of opposing styles tonight. NW likes to slow the pace down, plays good D, but struggles on the offensive end. I’m going to predict that there’s going to be a ton of fouls called tonight, very disjointed game with no rhythm, and the team that hits the higher % of foul shots wins.

If this turns into a FT competition, I like our chances.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I think this is right. NU has struggled with foul problems this year--particularly when Law and Pardon pick up three early fouls, which has happened a lot. The key to NU's success is often how well the two transfers, Taylor and Turner, are playing. If they are off, and if either Law or Pardon is having an off night, NU can be pretty bad. This NU team lacks a true point guard in the starting lineup who can penetrate and dish, and it shows. It does have a true frosh point guard who was supposed to be a HS senior this year but reclassified, and he flashes some potential off the bench, but ball movement tends to be a problem. On the other hand, if Taylor and Turner are hitting outside shots, the team can look pretty good at times. It is a bit of a crap shoot on the offensive end. The defensive intensity is usually good.

Limit turnovers and rebound like hell, recipe for success for the Hawks tonite, 79-74 Black and Gold

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Dwgq6SLUwAAxl0Y.jpg

Reactions: Franisdaman
Odds that Rutgers takes Ohio State to overtime overlapping with the Iowa game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT