ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL IOWA vs. Penn State Game Thread *****

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
Alright folks, at just about this time tomorrow we hope to be celebrating an Imminent Hawkeye victory over the nitanny lions. I'm still on the fence on what to expect from this team come tomorrow evening. Stanzi gave an inspiring speech, the team is coming off a tough loss and we are getting more injured players back. How will this team respond? Do they have the kind of guts and composure of great teams of the past that beat good psu teams?
images

Reactions: MtNittany
Iowa wins if ‘good’ Nate performs.
We'll need more than that, but yes 'good' Nate needs to show up and lead this team/offense like a 3 year starter should. I want this team to show what it is made of tomorrow night!

I'm wondering what happens with psu vs. better competition? Pitt played them very tough at happy valley and only lost 17-10. They may have been playing inspired ball in the rivalry, but I have to think we are better than Pitt and get psu at home.

Just a heads up, wind is going to be a issue tomorrow gusting 25-30 at the start of the game. should calm down to steady 10-15 by the time 4th Quarter comes around

We'll need more than that, but yes 'good' Nate needs to show up and lead this team/offense like a 3 year starter should. I want this team to show what it is made of tomorrow night!
Nate&Tough Players Win Game.Hawk Players Always Tough. That is 'Iowa' Way..

We need two things to win.
First win the turn over battle
Second o line needs to drastically improve and protect Stanley.

Ok I will add a third
BF needs to call a good game and make adjustments as needed

Watching the video reminded me of the days when Herky the hawk sat on a perch on the sideline.
Don't know why or when they went away from that.
Anyone know?

I would love to see Brett Greenwood lead both the 2009 and the 2019 teams out during the Swarm.

Tonight is a stripe out game.

Who could ever forget this stripe out game? This was one of the many special moments of that 2015, 12-2 season.

Watch:

Drivinf into Iowa city for the game guys!! Me and Jorge are comin! Gave him my wife’s ticket since she’s driving us because we are 3 fire balls and 4 beers in. Getting liquid up!! We gotta beat the balls off these players and fans!!

Reactions: anon_likibb9jzd3e0
Was listening to that - The guys are not liking Iowa and it's justified. We have to prove something tonight. This is the game.
I get that, but I’m not a very realistic fan. So my take is we looked like crap and still only lost by one score with a chance to pull it out in the last minute on the road. I’m optimistic for the next 12 hours or so.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
For a second I thought Goodman was wearing an Iowa letterman’s jacket. He’s clearly the smartest guy on the panel.

Reactions: Cougar63
I would take an ending like this today, but would love to see a 2009 type performance. Gotta break the streak against these fools!

ADVERTISEMENT