ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa vs PSU game thread****

It's GAME DAY!!! Too bad will have to work so listen and watch the victory later, fingers crossed...

Managing the Hawks when they are good is always difficult. We have to be up to the task of beating a pretty athletic team without our best athlete. Rebound and don't turn the ball over, those are the keys. 85-79 good guys.

Reactions: BBHawk
Absolutely must make PSU make shots from 15 feet out. If they beat you with jump shots then so be it. This PSU team is really bad offensively. Stopping the dribble drive will make or break the Hawks tonight.

While it seems counterintuitive, because I don’t think Iowa is better without Cook, not having him could make it less likely that the team overlooks PSU?

That’s my hope anyways. Hopefully they come out firing

Reactions: Tunadog
Last time I went to an Iowa basketball game it was at Penn State and we lost. So it sucked....was bad. I dont like using the first phrase in reference to Penn state

While it seems counterintuitive, because I don’t think Iowa is better without Cook, not having him could make it less likely that the team overlooks PSU?

did we hear if he is officially out tonight?

This is a good matchup for the Hawks. PSU offensive efficiency is terrible. Way worse than NW for example. Gonna have to battle hard on the offensive end. Hawks pull out a W on the road.

Go Hawks!

did we hear if he is officially out tonight?
Nothing official probably a game time decision. I could see, at best, getting spot minutes or put in if Iowa gets in trouble. Playing at all would be an impressive turnaround from a sprained ankle imo

I didn't want to start its own thread so I'll just ask here. Why are the tickets to MSU and UM $25 per and the Illinois tickets at $35?

I didn't want to start its own thread so I'll just ask here. Why are the tickets to MSU and UM $25 per and the Illinois tickets at $35?
Illinois is a Sunday noon white out game would be my best guess. Also, don’t know what kind of turnout Illinois gets, but maybe they’re expecting some of their fans?

Upward trajectory continues? :)

head-coach-fran-mccaffery-argues-a-call-during-the-first-half-against-picture-id160448367

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Reasons to be cautious:
* Seems like Iowa doesn't play very well in this arena. I don't know why, but I've heard before the depth perception is odd for shooting? Anyway, history says this is not a good venue for Iowa.
* Tyler Cook isn't 100%. While I'm one who thinks he hurts the team in many ways, I can also admit he is explosive and draws fouls because of it. At any rate, this team is better with him than without him.
* PSU has taken some TOUGH losses this season. They're usually in the games. We know that if it is close at the end, Fran for whatever reason stinks at end game situations.

Reasons to be optimistic:
* As somebody else said, the Hawks will not be likely to overlook PSU if Cook is out.
* Joe W keeps getting better and the team increasingly looks to him to lead them on offense.
* Garza seems to be back in good health.
* Hawks are rolling.

All of this said, I'm afraid we lose tonight.

Interesting. @NW it seemed like the team played like they assumed a loss without him until, Fran famously exploded. Let's hope they don't need a reminder tonight.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT