***Official Iowa vs Western Illinois MBB Game Thread 7:01 CST, BTN+***

tsterhawk

HB All-American
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
Good Morning Hawk Fanatics
The line and total were up when I checked at 9:30 last evening -18 Iowa, 161
This morning they were -18 Iowa, 162.5

As Tom said in his preview I do not think this game will be a walk in the park. From the Game Notes

SCOUTING WESTERN ILLINOIS • Western Illinois is located in Macomb, Illinois, and is a part of the Summit League.
• Western Illinois is off to a hot start, winning 10 of its first 13 contests. The Leathernecks are a perfect 6-0 at home and 4-3 on the road. • Western Illinois dropped its last outing, 84-78, at Omaha on Dec. 22. Trenton Massner posted a team-best 26 points, bolstered by four 3-pointers and going 6-of-7 at the foul line. Will Carius tallied 20 points, nine of which came from the free throw line (9-of-9), while Colton Sandage netted 16. Tamell Pearson controlled a season-high 14 rebounds. George Dixon eclipsed 1,000 rebounds for his collegiate career in the contest.
• Four Leathernecks average double figures in scoring: Carius (17.8), Massner (15.9), Sandage (15.0), and Luka Barisic (12.3). Pearson also averages a team-best seven rebounds. Carius is the team’s top 3-point threat making 44-of-102 attempts (.431) from distance.
• Western Illinois ranks 11th in the country in total rebounds (526); 14th in 3-pointers made (135); and 15th in free throw attempts (278) and 3-point attempts (367).
• Carius ranks 11th nationally in 3-pointers made per game (3.67) and 14th in 3-point attempts (102).
• Carius averaged 14.7 points per game and was second team All-Summit League and Summit League All-Newcomer Team last season after transferring from Monmouth. Pearson led the team in rebounding and blocks in 2021, while finishing second in scoring (10.4 ppg) after spending two seasons at UAB.
• The Leathernecks are led by Rob Jeter, who is in his second season at Western Illinois. Jeter has 26 years of coaching experience at the Division I level. He was most recently an assistant coach at Minnesota (2019-20), before being on staff at UNLV from 2016- 18. From 2005-16, Jeter became UW-Milwaukee’s the all-time winningest coach in the Division I era, winning 185 games.

GO HAWKS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News