ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Keegan Murray NBA career Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read every page of this thread so maybe someone has already mentioned this, but, I'm guessing that being part of the draft with Keegan has to add some motivation for Kris next year.

Reactions: Ree4
I feel like Keegan is the "safest" high pick, who seems like the best bet to have a productive career. With the increased value of PER and 3pt% it's just hard to know where is ceiling is, but I think KM has the highest floor of anyone (assuming good health, of course).

Chet Holmgren seems like he'll be either a transformational next-gen "big" with his tiny frame, fluid motion and cat-like movement for a 7' guy who can guard all over the floor...or he'll be a colossal bust because he can't ever get anywhere inside 6 feet to the basket in the NBA. And I really have no idea which.

I feel like Keegan is the "safest" high pick, who seems like the best bet to have a productive career. With the increased value of PER and 3pt% it's just hard to know where is ceiling is, but I think KM has the highest floor of anyone (assuming good health, of course).

Chet Holmgren seems like he'll be either a transformational next-gen "big" with his tiny frame, fluid motion and cat-like movement for a 7' guy who can guard all over the floor...or he'll be a colossal bust because he can't ever get anywhere inside 6 feet to the basket in the NBA. And I really have no idea which.
Holmgren will be good, he shot pretty well from 3 so that allows him space to drive.

Defending the post isn't a concern anymore because no one plays there.

I would have taken him #1 because I think he's easily the highest ceiling guy.

Last edited:
I haven't read every page of this thread so maybe someone has already mentioned this, but, I'm guessing that being part of the draft with Keegan has to add some motivation for Kris next year.
Nope you are the first one. Hopefully this pushes Kris like you said

Nope you are the first one. Hopefully this pushes Kris like you said

Kenyon has already stated that it's mostly mental for Kris. Obviously, they play one-on-one all the time and Kris often gets the best of Keegan. It's also on record, Kris is the better rebounder and passer. Kris played PG at DME. Does he get a look at bringing it up the court? He might be a solid point forward.

Kenyon has already stated that it's mostly mental for Kris. Obviously, they play one-on-one all the time and Kris often gets the best of Keegan. It's also on record, Kris is the better rebounder and passer. Kris played PG at DME. Does he get a look at bringing it up the court? He might be a solid point forward.

I wasn't really talking about his mental state for playing but rather more about motivation to get to the same place as Keegan and encourage him to practice that much harder. I'm hoping Kris is even better than Keegan.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Congratulations to Keegan and the entire Murray family. I have no doubt the young man will continue to represent the University of Iowa very well in this next step of his career.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I wasn't really talking about his mental state for playing but rather more about motivation to get to the same place as Keegan and encourage him to practice that much harder. I'm hoping Kris is even better than Keegan.
I’ve been thinking this as well. He’s got to one up him right, have some bragging rights.
I’m thinking BIG & NPOTY and top 3 draft pick. He should be able to do that easily.
Get working Kris!

JK everyone, I don’t expect all of those things.

Reactions: SB_SB
P-Mac had a good quote that it's not fair to compare the two. Obviously understandable why it happens but the best part of P-Mac's quote was that Kris is a better shooter.

Reactions: skydog0784
Keegan had a spectacular year. Let's let Kris have his chance and see where it leads. Thanks to them both for spending time as Hawkeyes along their career paths. Both fun to watch.

Keegan had a spectacular year. Let's let Kris have his chance and see where it leads. Thanks to them both for spending time as Hawkeyes along their career paths. Both fun to watch.
I trust Kris will find the balance between letting the game come to him without putting undue pressure on himself and taking his game to the next level. Will be fun to watch!

FWCtbmfUIAAt1NI

Nice pic of the fam on draft night.

Nice work, @TomKakert !
Were there any other Iowa beat writers there? I didn’t hear or notice any.
I was the only one who could make the trip. Felt it was important to be there. Long less than 24 hours. 6 am flight to Midway. Drive home. Stop by and see Jake Gervase and support his Rally for Reid Camp and talk to some former players. Then headed over to Rocky to see Pryce Sandfort play basketball. Wrapped up with a podcast last night. Totally worth it.

I was the only one who could make the trip. Felt it was important to be there. Long less than 24 hours. 6 am flight to Midway. Drive home. Stop by and see Jake Gervase and support his Rally for Reid Camp and talk to some former players. Then headed over to Rocky to see Pryce Sandfort play basketball. Wrapped up with a podcast last night. Totally worth it.
I appreciate the effort! It was a big story … glad you were there representing Iowa sports media for this historic Hawkeye moment. This is the kind of thing the separates the good writers on the beat from the others. Well done.

Certainly a momentous occasion with Keegan going 4th. Appreciate the reporting from a local reporter that really knows the situation and Keegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT