ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Keegan Murray NBA career Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any insights on the Kings roster for this year? How the addition of Keegan can bolster that and are they a playoff team? Let's keep taking the Kings and Keegan to the top!!!!

Are there any insights on the Kings roster for this year? How the addition of Keegan can bolster that and are they a playoff team? Let's keep taking the Kings and Keegan to the top!!!!
As a casual NBA fan, I don't follow the league as close as some here but from reviewing reports this summer it seems that the Kings are a popular choice to be a surprise team next season and that they have assembled a playoff worthy roster.

Almost all Sacremento reporters and die-hard fans I've read or listened to expect Keegan to start and play a key role right away. Most see him in a support role as 3rd or 4th scoring option on offense this year with Fox and Sabonis being the team leaders. The Kings picked up shooters Monk (LA) and Huerter (ATL) so it will be interesting to see how the line-up and substitutions pan out.

KM's summer performance has expectations for him sky high. That's great but, in a way, that could work against him early among fans as he continues to adjust..... which he will, I'm sure. Just need to be patient.

.... I'd be interested to see opinions of new coach Mike Brown among HR NBA fans and how his coaching style will effect Keegan.

Last edited:
As a casual NBA fan, I don't follow the league as close as some here but from reviewing reports this summer it seems that the Kings are a popular choice to be a surprise team next season and that they have assembled a playoff worthy roster.

Almost all Sacremento reporters and die-hard fans I've read or listened to expect Keegan to start and play a key role right away. Most see him in a support role as 3rd or 4th scoring option on offense this year with Fox and Sabonis being the team leaders. The Kings picked up shooters Monk (LA) and Huerter (ATL) so it will be interesting to see how the line-up and substitutions pan out.

KM's summer performance has expectations for him sky high. That's great but, in a way, that could work against him early among fans as he continues to adjust..... which he will, I'm sure. Just need to be patient.

.... I'd be interested to see opinions of new coach Mike Brown among HR NBA fans and how his coaching style will effect Keegan.
The Western conference will be tough. Barring injuries, 7 teams look like playoff teams: Warriors, Griz, Suns, Mavs, Nuggets, Clips, and Wolves. Then you have the Lakers, Pelicans, Kings, and Blazers going for the last two spots. On paper the Kings look like the 10th best team but there are injuries every year which drop teams out of the playoff race. They can do it with a little luck.

Reactions: skydog0784
The Western conference will be tough. Barring injuries, 7 teams look like playoff teams: Warriors, Griz, Suns, Mavs, Nuggets, Clips, and Wolves. Then you have the Lakers, Pelicans, Kings, and Blazers going for the last two spots. On paper the Kings look like the 10th best team but there are injuries every year which drop teams out of the playoff race. They can do it with a little luck.
Sounds like Keegan and his teammates have their work cut out for them.

Sounds like Keegan and his teammates have their work cut out for them.
Sac is pretty bad… but they have a new coach in Mike Brown and he was the top assistant at Golden State. Even coached some games when Kerr had to be out. I always liked Mike Brown, he seems like the perfect NBA coach in this league - even keeled and can handle the big egos.

Sac is pretty bad… but they have a new coach in Mike Brown and he was the top assistant at Golden State. Even coached some games when Kerr had to be out. I always liked Mike Brown, he seems like the perfect NBA coach in this league - even keeled and can handle the big egos.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I heard a commentator the other day (can't recall who) talking about Mike Brown's coachng philosophy. He said "everybody get's to eat" and then he went on to suggest that Keegan could play a role similar to Klay Thompson at GS.

I heard a commentator the other day (can't recall who) talking about Mike Brown's coachng philosophy. He said "everybody get's to eat" and then he went on to suggest that Keegan could play a role similar to Klay Thompson at GS.
Keegan is clutch and doesn't panic. He's a great option for the end of the shot clock.

Reactions: nu2u and skydog0784
Keegan is special (gee, where have I heard that repeated ad nauseam hundreds of times before).

Check this out and listen:

Reactions: BBHawk
chest bump
OGC.491775e6f614ea6272cd67227326c2aa

I really like the comparison of Keegan's demeanor to Tim Duncan. Just does his thing but keeps his emotions in check and lets his game do the talking.
I agree completely, great company to be in. If Keegan has half the career Duncan did, that’s a good career, I’d take it.

Reactions: BBHawk
I agree completely, great company to be in. If Keegan has half the career Duncan did, that’s a good career, I’d take it.
Give me these type of kids, all day every day. Fran does a great job with recruiting quality young men, on and off the court.

The only exception I recall is Hubbard, and that was very early on with a depleted roster where he needed to take a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Give me these type of kids, all day every day. Fran does a great job with recruiting quality young men, on and off the field.

The only exception I recall is Hubbard, and that was very early on with a depleted roster where he needed to take a chance.
Yup, and he never played a game here. Nothing beyond summer workouts, he left mid-July before the school year started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT