ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Keegan Murray NBA career Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highest scoring season in Iowa history
1st team All American
#4 pick in the NBA Draft (Highest in Iowa history)
MVP of NBA Summer League (Only Iowa player to achieve the honor).

Keegan's NBA story is just getting written, but he will already go down as one of the greatest Hawkeyes in history given what's transpired so far. Quite a story for a guy nobody wanted just 3 years ago.

Highest scoring season in Iowa history
1st team All American
#4 pick in the NBA Draft (Highest in Iowa history)
MVP of NBA Summer League (Only Iowa player to achieve the honor).

Keegan's NBA story is just getting written, but he will already go down as one of the greatest Hawkeyes in history given what's transpired so far. Quite a story for a guy nobody wanted just 3 years ago.
An amazing ascension for a guy that only had offers from W. Illinois and IA. Absolutely amazing...

Why is that so interesting? Isn't Mitchell a guard? What am I missing? Can I have another post that totally consists of questions (that's four)?
May indicate that the Kings think the ceiling is pretty high with Keegan and speeding up their rebuild.

We need a nice compilation of lightly recruited players who became stars. It would be a good fit for this thread. You know so we can see how Keegan can stay at the top for his career.

Reactions: skydog0784
We need a nice compilation of lightly recruited players who became stars. It would be a good fit for this thread. You know so we can see how Keegan can stay at the top for his career.
Yes, that would be great fit in this thread. Good call cid...

Norm Nixon - Duquesne University, two NBA championships, 10 years in the NBA.

Jack Sikma, Illinois Wesleyan, 1 NBA Championship, 7 time NBA All Star (actually I cheated a bit as he was highly recruited but opted for a small local nearby school and wanted to play as a freshman (not allowed at the time)).

Walt Frazier, Southern Illinois, 2 time NBA Championships, 7 time NBA All Star, Top 50 NBA All Time team. SIU only hoops offer, many football 🏈 offers.

Walt Frazier, Southern Illinois, 2 time NBA Championships, 7 time NBA All Star, Top 50 NBA All Time team. SIU only hoops offer, many football 🏈 offers.
Clyde! A sports writer once said that Frazier was so quick he could steal the hubcaps off a moving car. If you want to get a sense of eccentric 70s fashion check out Frazier pics from back in the those days.

Clyde! A sports writer once said that Frazier was so quick he could steal the hubcaps off a moving car. If you want to get a sense of eccentric 70s fashion check out Frazier pics from back in the those days.
Clyde had style, no doubt. I remember being around 10 years old on Christmas vacation watching a game between the Knicks and Bulls in the old Chicago Stadium.

My family and I hung out in the lobby before the game and the Knicks strolled off the bus and went to the locker room (different than now I’m sure, all behind the scenes for security purposes). Anyway, I was within 20 feet of Clyde walking by in a Leather Fedora and long Leather Coat. Strutting along, like I’m the definition of cool. I’ve never forgotten that after all these years.

• Love
Reactions: nu2u
Clyde had style, no doubt. I remember being around 10 years old on Christmas vacation watching a game between the Knicks and Bulls in the old Chicago Stadium.

My family and I hung out in the lobby before the game and the Knicks strolled off the bus and went to the locker room (different than now I’m sure, all behind the scenes for security purposes). Anyway, I was within 20 feet of Clyde walking by in a Leather Fedora and long Leather Coat. Strutting along, like I’m the definition of cool. I’ve never forgotten that after all these years.

Still fashionable ... this was 2018.

walt-clyde-frazier.jpg

Dennis Rodman, not even recruited out of high school, grew from 5’11” to 6’7” while working as a janitor after high school, went to a JUCO and finally at SE OK St, an NAIA school.

Reactions: LUC8 and kceasthawk
Dennis Rodman, not even recruited out of high school, grew from 5’11” to 6’7” while working as a janitor after high school, went to a JUCO and finally at SE OK St, an NAIA school.
also, Scottie Pippen went from a 6'1" point guard to 6'7" wing at beginning of college - went to a small school in Central Arkansas.

Reactions: skydog0784
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT