ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official Michael Cohen Testimony - Running Commentary Thread ****

Shorter: "I watched 'My Cousin Vinny' 15 times, and boy oh boy, after the prosecution lays out its case, those kids looked totally fooked!!!"
giphy.gif

I was amazed at how easily the Republicans turned Cohen into a sympathetic figure. He held the Championship belt for the biggest douche supporter of Trump for years, by the end of the hearing I was starting to feel for the guy. Way go Repubs.

I didn't watch it today. Was the Republican playbook the same?

Around the time that movie came out, I told my wife I would never leave her...until Marisa Tomei came a'callin saying she wanted me.

Still hasn't called.

Lmao. That's the same bugaboo I'm having with Lolo Jones. Weird how that works.

Maybe Jennifer Lawrence.

Reactions: SSG T
Obozo got away with it.

President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations — one of the largest fees ever levied against a presidential campaign, POLITICO has learned.

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/obama-2008-campaign-fined-375000-085784

These things are mutually exclusive:
  • Obozo got away with it.
  • President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations

Joe: A piece of paper saying he shouldn't take it means he didn't lie.

A piece of paper documents that subsequent conversations with his own legal advisors indicated he would not be able to serve as Trump's lawyer w/o potentially losing the atty-client privilege. Ergo, his statement becomes entirely consistent with that once he learned the likely outcome of it.

But he didnt say... 'Yeah I wanted a job, but it was decided that it would be better not to take it to preserve the client/attorney privilege'... did he?

His quote: "I did not want to go to the White House"

What if it's BOTH!!!???
Both what??

Cohen's Testimony:

“I have never asked for it, nor would I accept a pardon from President Trump.”

HIS own lawyer...

“During that time period, he directed his attorney to explore possibilities of a pardon at one point with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani as well as other lawyers advising President Trump,” Mr. Davis told the Journal, calling the discussions the “ongoing ‘dangling’ of a possible pardon.”

Are you pinning your hopes on semantics of yeah I asked someone to check into the possibility of a pardon but I never asked for one? Who cares about Rudy??

Both what??

Cohen's Testimony:

“I have never asked for it, nor would I accept a pardon from President Trump.”

HIS own lawyer...

“During that time period, he directed his attorney to explore possibilities of a pardon at one point with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani as well as other lawyers advising President Trump,” Mr. Davis told the Journal, calling the discussions the “ongoing ‘dangling’ of a possible pardon.”

Are you pinning your hopes on semantics of yeah I asked someone to check into the possibility of a pardon but I never asked for one? Who cares about Rudy??

Semantics?
No

Legal wording and specifics?
We're probably gonna find out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT