ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official Michael Cohen Testimony - Running Commentary Thread ****

I originally said he has incentive to lie... to make up things to make Trump looks bad that are unverifiable. I stand by that.

You saw it today... the mere fact that he brought up Ivanka and Jr it gives the House an excuse to call them as well... unverifiable "facts".

'I saw Jr whisper something to Trump, I believe it was about the Trump Towers meeting'... unverifiable bullshit.

You all lap it up like you haven't drank in 10 years.

To directly answer your question. No, I do not believe he will get a reduced sentence if he is in fact caught lying. But he has great latitude to "expand" the truth about matters that no one can defend or impeach.

It would be like me saying I saw you hit your wife. If I had in fact seen you at a ballgame, that would be a statement you couldn't defend.

Again, you don’t even really grasp the argument and you have no concept of how our legal system works. I begin to understand how you still defend Trump - you honestly can’t understand what’s going on.

So you're in love with AOC along with the other wing nuts.
Here is a bit help with your comprehension inadequacies.

sat·ire
Dictionary result for satire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;
    • b0bbfd2d54d3d199361d132b71e5b30f8d22dc0747da40f930b296d2cac5cca7.jpg

Again, you don’t even really grasp the argument and you have no concept of how our legal system works. I begin to understand how you still defend Trump - you honestly can’t understand what’s going on.
You may be right... I am not a lawyer nor have I ever been on trial for anything.

I have however been on 2 juries (both acquittals) and I can tell you unequivocally that after the Prosecution's phase I was pretty darn sure they were both guilty. Common sense people have a very good knack for distinguishing b.s. from truthfulness. And the truth is... it is not what you think, It's not what you know... it's what you can prove in court.

You choose to believe everything Cohen has to say, that is your right. I think he is full of shit and is trying to look as helpful to Mueller against Trump to gather leniency for his sentencing.

Been wrong before and I'll be wrong again... I'm ok with not meeting your expectations. The passive aggressiveness on this board is out of control... it has become who shouts the loudest and who calls the other guy the worst names. I try very hard not to get into those types of situations, sometimes I fail.

You do you, and I'll do me.

Presuming it may have been a "burner" phone, and directly related to Mueller's ongoing CI investigation, it would be "off limits".

That's realistically the ONLY reason neither side would bring it up (and the GOP would be precluded from doing so, despite the obvious chance to take more potshots at the Steele dossier)....

I heard Cohen did denied the Prague trip during his testimony. That should have opened the door. Again, if that's true, the Dems should have asked about the cell tower records. But, I suspect the Dems didn't want to destroy Cohen's credibilty and the Rs, of course, are not going there.

You may be right... I am not a lawyer nor have I ever been on trial for anything.

I have however been on 2 juries (both acquittals) and I can tell you unequivocally that after the Prosecution's phase I was pretty darn sure they were both guilty. Common sense people have a very good knack for distinguishing b.s. from truthfulness. And the truth is... it is not what you think, It's not what you know... it's what you can prove in court.

You choose to believe everything Cohen has to say, that is your right. I think he is full of shit and is trying to look as helpful to Mueller against Trump to gather leniency for his sentencing.

Been wrong before and I'll be wrong again... I'm ok with not meeting your expectations. The passive aggressiveness on this board is out of control... it has become who shouts the loudest and who calls the other guy the worst names. I try very hard not to get into those types of situations, sometimes I fail.

Shorter: "I have no legal background. I have a 'knack'...."

That's what I've been trying to tell him. He can't quite wrap his head around the concept.
As if the prosecutor's recommendation doesn't matter at all...

The judge may not be bound to that recommendation... but only the naive would believe it doesn't matter.

Someone figured out he's getting criminally charged and disbarred if he doesn't clean his shit up FAST

Reactions: IACub
Was there a question about Cohen's infidelity?

There were threats made. Now retracted.
But the horse is out of the barn, and Gaetz may need to meet w/ the FL bar to explain his actions and save his law license.

What is especially mind-bottling for me, is that self-owning circularity of the WH and GOP's argument about Cohen's previous lies. I mean, they say you can't trust him because he's a proven liar. Fine...but many of his proven lies were made in an effort to obfuscate the facts, defend and shield Trump from being tied to many things that were either corrupt, unethical or possibly even illegal. Do they not understand that this is effectively admitting that Trump's "cover" (provided by Cohen) was all bullshit??

Yes, they were cool with him lying when it helped the president. Not so much now.

Pssst---It's mind-boggling.

Reactions: SL Hawk Fan
So he had plenty of incentive to lie... make things up that make Trump look bad that are unverifiable.

Uhhmmm...he is under oath. What do you think will happen to him if he perjures himself further? Michael Cohen is a lawyer. Rest assured, this is the most truthful Cohen has probably ever been in his life. I get Republicans liked him better when he lied for Trump, but that has nothing to do with his veracity right now.

Like I've said in another post, liberals have had their hypocrisy throughout the years, and now it's the Republicans turn to go full "Hold my Busch."

Reactions: Raglefant
Uhhmmm...he is under oath. What do you think will happen to him if he perjures himself further? Michael Cohen is a lawyer. Rest assured, this is the most truthful Cohen has probably ever been in his life. I get Republicans liked him better when he lied for Trump, but that has nothing to do with his veracity right now.

Like I've said in another post, liberals have had their hypocrisy throughout the years, and now it's the Republicans turn to go full "Hold my Busch."

Just don't, he doesn't understand. He thinks our judicial system operates on gut feelings.

You just proved why he would be a fool to lie now. If he perjures himself under oath, and rest assured the special counsel already has all the information they need and then some to know if he does, then Cohen is in deep doo doo.

This should be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

I don't understand how anyone could watch this hearing and think to themselves "clearly the Republicans are the good guys in the room."

Maybe years of conditioning by Rush and Fox News and their yelling over guests and planting thoughts in place of discussion.

I did a little reading and apparently Jim Jordan is well-known for his aversion to jackets. So the informal look is his trademark. Another reason he's a tool.

Reactions: Moral
Here is a bit help with your comprehension inadequacies.

sat·ire
Dictionary result for satire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;
    • b0bbfd2d54d3d199361d132b71e5b30f8d22dc0747da40f930b296d2cac5cca7.jpg

No, like the evangelist that screams "hang the Queer", you'll find him in the closet. That's a metaphor.

You just proved why he would be a fool to lie now. If he perjures himself under oath, and rest assured the special counsel already has all the information they need and then some to know if he does, then Cohen is in deep doo doo.

Decades (life) in prison instead of 3 years? I wouldn't lie.

Reactions: Huey Grey

Think about this part of your statement...then flog yourself.

We don't agree much, but that was pretty good.

More of that quality please.

I don't understand how anyone could watch this hearing and think to themselves "clearly the Republicans are the good guys in the room."

Maybe years of conditioning by Rush and Fox News and their yelling over guests and planting thoughts in place of discussion.
I was amazed at how easily the Republicans turned Cohen into a sympathetic figure. He held the Championship belt for the biggest douche supporter of Trump for years, by the end of the hearing I was starting to feel for the guy. Way go Repubs.

Shorter: "I watched 'My Cousin Vinny' 15 times, and boy oh boy, after the prosecution lays out its case, those kids looked totally fooked!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT