ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Michigan (#37 NET) at IOWA (#19 NET) Game Thread. 6 PM CT, ESPN*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Huge game tonight!

Michigan is on the NCAA Tournament bubble & is looking to steal a road win.

Iowa is a 5.5 point favorite.

O/U is 150.5

Iowa averages 84 ppg; Michigan averages 72.1 ppg.

Michigan (#37 NET Ranking)
2-7: Quad 1
3-2: Quad 2
4-1: Quad 3
4-0: Quad 4
13-10 Overall Record
===================

IOWA (#19 NET Ranking)
0-6: Quad 1
5-1: Quad 2
4-0: Quad 3
8-0: Quad 4
17-7 Overall Record
===================

Last edited:
Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Taking the over and the Hawks. Take care of home court, rebound like animals and take them out early

We have to contain Dickinson as he has feasted on us inside. UM isn’t a great shooting team we just have to limit their second chance points.

It started snowing about 30 minutes ago here in SE Iowa/WC Illinois. The roads and ground are already coved, and the wind is blowing pretty steady. Can't see to many making that drive tonight

Huge game tonight!

Michigan is on the NCAA Tournament bubble & is looking to steal a road win.

Iowa is a 5.5 point favorite.

O/U is 150.5

Iowa averages 84 ppg; Michigan averages 72.1 ppg.

13-10 Overall Record
===================

IOWA (#19 NET Ranking)
17-7 Overall Record
===================
It'd be so lovely to beat them twice and help burst their bubble!!

Reactions: Franisdaman
Taking the over and the Hawks. Take care of home court, rebound like animals and take them out early
IF Dickinson is going off, the over is not hitting. It will mean Keegan and Rebraca are more than likely in foul trouble.
This game screams UNDER to me.

How about a Fresca to the winner?

We have to contain Dickinson as he has feasted on us inside. UM isn’t a great shooting team we just have to limit their second chance points.
You know Michigan will hit 4 of their first 5 three pointers. That is standard for the Hawks. Cold shooting team means lights out versus the Hawks. Then they will shoot like crap in the second half. That's the standard that has been set.

Reactions: QChawks
Brian is the Michigan Radio Play by Play guy.

FLzpr5MUUAA0lst

FLzpsl5UcAEvPRg

It started snowing about 30 minutes ago here in SE Iowa/WC Illinois. The roads and ground are already coved, and the wind is blowing pretty steady. Can't see to many making that drive tonight
I live 15 minutes from ia city…ground is bare and nothing coming down. Cold may scare some off, but dont think precip will play a factor in keeping too many people away. 6pm start should help the crowd size as well.

I went through the radio guys notes and man, it appears Michigans radio guy is up to speed on most everything. I’d be curious if UM fans have any opinions on his radio quality? Guessing he’s really strong?

Biggest game of the year

i think so too - if Iowa wins, it likely means we will be in the tourney and if Iowa loses, it’s not a great sign for our prospects in Ann Arbor, so puts pressure on every other game to get a win. There are plenty of paths to NCAA even with a loss tonight but I feel like there’s no margin for error unless the Hawks win this one.

Hope the Hawks run and run some more tonight. And lock up the defense. Teams are running on fumes this time of year, make the home court useful for extra juice.

Who wins regular season Big Ten? Seems like the crown comes down to the winner of the Purdue Wisconsin game?

It's all but stopped snowing now. Maybe 6 inches of snow that's sstill blowing around some.

Remember when the B1G media picked Michigan to win the B1G?

Let's hope that team does not show up tonight.

Big Ten preseason media poll​

1. Michigan, 373 (13)

2. Purdue, 373 (12)

3. Illinois, 320 (3)

4. Ohio State, 316

5. Maryland, 269

6. Michigan State, 262

7. Indiana, 219

8. Rutgers, 208

9. Iowa, 150

10. Wisconsin, 149

11. Nebraska, 105

T-12. Northwestern, 81

T-12. Penn State, 81

14. Minnesota, 34

I like our Hawks in this one but I think it will be close. It goes without saying we will need to play intense defense and take care of business on the boards.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Iowa has 0 quad 1 wins. Really need this one!

Michigan needs it too. Gonna be a battle!!!

13-10 Overall Record
===================

IOWA (#19 NET Ranking)