Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa has won 4 out of their last 5

MSU has LOST 4 out of their last 5

Iowa is a 6 point favorite

O/U is 153.5

Iowa averages 84 ppg; MSU gives up on average 67 ppg.

Over the last 5 games, the most MSU scored was 76 points.

Better suit up tonight! Surprisingly I like Iowa 78-70 in a dogfight

0012208_champro-amt-2000-shoulder-pad.jpeg

Hawks find a way tonight. Maybe even kinda 'easily', scoreboard wise.

And a prediction that the refs won't continually bend over backwards to kiss Izzo's ass.

yeah-wink.gif

Usually, networks will cut away at halftime to give reports on other games and such. Is it known if ESPN will televise the ceremony live?

Usually, networks will cut away at halftime to give reports on other games and such. Is it known if ESPN will televise the ceremony live?
I doubt it. They’ll show a few seconds of it when they come back from the studio break. If it was on BTN, maybe they show it. But a national audience doesn’t care enough and ESPN has talking heads that need airtime.

I doubt it. They’ll show a few seconds of it when they come back from the studio break. If it was on BTN, maybe they show it. But a national audience doesn’t care enough and ESPN has talking heads that need airtime.
This is correct. Even though Garza was the national POY, it's not enough to bump the studio sages off the air. ESPN, and every other sports network, could save themselves a ton of money by dumping the studio people and their halftime "insights" and show some highlights of other big games, some scores, and what's happening back at the game site instead. In this case, that happening is pretty special, unlike the inane, meaningless comments that we've all heard a million times before. Whatever would we do without the talking heads?

When it comes to ESPN not showing any of the Garza jersey retirement ceremony ...

The thing about it is that the halftime talking heads won't even talk about the game that's currently in halftime - aside from a few quick moments after their halftime coverage starts.

The vast majority of the time will be spent talking about how great the Gonzaga's, Duke's, Auburn's, Kansas's, Baylor's, Kentucky's, etc, of the CBB world are as they go over highlights of games that also started at 6p, were on yesterday, or preview games later tonight/tomorrow or later in the week/weekend.

Last edited:
Man, I hate that the Iowa game is scheduled the way it is tonight.

It means I'll be missing the first half of the titanic contest between NEB @ NW.

j/k ;)

• Haha
Reactions: NevadaHawk
I thought the jersey thing was before the game....? Can anyone confirm? Taking off for Iowa City here pretty soon.. gotta get a few in at the Vine!

Question of the night - how much grabbing and holding will they allow MSU after Izzo's little bitch session against the refs last week?

Iowa seems to be playing better of late. Whether that’s rotations (I think partly) or just the guys finding their comfort zone (I think partly) … then I think the schedule got easier too so that’s obviously part of it too.

the B1G isn’t very good this year from what I see. Especially not MSU. Iowa should win tonight is how I see it. 11-9 is coming, and after that who knows what can happen?

I thought the jersey thing was before the game....? Can anyone confirm? Taking off for Iowa City here pretty soon.. gotta get a few in at the Vine!
Nevermind.. I see an article that references the jersey retirement during halftime

Go Hawks!

Iowa 72, MSU 71 in a thriller

The vast majority of the time will be spent talking about how great the Gonzaga's, Duke's, Auburn's, Kansas's, Baylor's, Kentucky's, etc, of the CBB world are as they go over highlights of games that also started at 6p, were on yesterday, or preview games later tonight/tomorrow or later in the week/weekend.
In other words, the usual 💩. Go Hawks!

Honestly, this is a great opportunity for Fran to haul off and deck Izzo. The Big Ten set the precedent that hitting another coach is only 5 games and $40k. We can take up a collection and probably triple the money, and Fran could probably use a few days off before the Big Ten Tourney.

Question of the night - how much grabbing and holding will they allow MSU after Izzo's little bitch session against the refs last week?
Yeah, unfortunately its probably too much to expect the refs to do their jobs right.

IE, call the game in a way that won't allow things to potentially get out of hand and make tonight's HS line as contentious and heated as the one in Madison on Sunday afternoon.

As evidence, just look at last night's Indiana @ Ohio St game. An F1 assessed for a non-basketball-play swinging elbow that hit the back of a head [assessed correctly to Liddell], and the double/offsetting technicals towards the end of the game between Liddell & IU's Johnson.

Iowa seems to be playing better of late. Whether that’s rotations (I think partly) or just the guys finding their comfort zone (I think partly) …
Effort-wise; are they a step slow like the MI game, or does the Ohio St. intensity repeat itself?

I think MI State's height could be an issue, hopefully the 3 point shooting is better tonight.

Reactions: Pepperman
I hope Fran took notice and uses that bitch fest to his advantage, somehow. Like start out easing up on the refs just a bit as a test, to see if Izzo's whining is effective this game. Then react accordingly. Or that may be a bad idea, idk. **** Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT