ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Michigan State at #25 IOWA Game Thread. 6PM CT. ESPN*****

In the end the officials did not swarm on us in the second half. The first half was terrible. Izzo's abuse of the officials, not seen since the heyday of Bob Knight's reign of terror, might be wearing thin with the league and the officials. I mean, talk about biting the hand that feeds you, right?

A nearly 30 point win makes for a righteous night.

In the end the officials did not swarm on us in the second half. The first half was terrible. Izzo's abuse of the officials, not seen since the heyday of Bob Knight's reign of terror, might be wearing thin with the league and the officials. I mean, talk about biting the hand that feeds you, right?

A nearly 30 point win makes for a righteous night.
The refs didn't swarm on Iowa in either half.

It was their lack of whistles on MSU's constant fouling - unless they practically drew blood - that kept the game 'reasonably' close for 28 minutes.

I know that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, and all that ......

But f* are those losses @ RU, @ PSU and vs Michigan stinging right now!
Like were the only ones to lose to Rutgers at the RAC. They've beaten all 4 top 15 teams they've played in the last month.......

Like were the only ones to lose to Rutgers at the RAC. They've beaten all 4 top 15 teams they've played in the last month.......
I know, but just a couple more made buckets and FTs and that @RU game was a W.

I'm just saying, Hawks are 9-7 right now, but turn those 3 games I listed around and Iowa is right there in that 12-4 mix at the top.

Sooo close.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
The refs didn't swarm on Iowa in either half.

It was their lack of whistles on MSU's constant fouling - unless they practically drew blood - that kept the game 'reasonably' close for 28 minutes.
I was at the game, and it seemed like MSU was getting away with more in the second half, but much less than usual. I thought the officials did a good job in the first half. That T on Izzo sent him a message that the refs weren’t going to put up with his crap.

Reactions: HawkBall23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT