ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official MN Twins 2022 season thread*****

A 3 IP save for Jax. How often does that happen in baseball today? He entered the game in the 7th up 7-1 and gets a save. You automatically get a save if you pitch the final 3+ innings and hold the lead? That stuff never happens anymore can’t remember what the rules are on that.

Rays pitcher had 11 Ks thru 5 innings and left the game in the 6th down 3-1 after giving up a 2 run HR. Also Twins recent 7 game win streak was longest since June 2011. Kepler appears to be heating up which will be huge.

It’s amazing how good pitching and good defense drastically increases the chance to win a game. The Paddack trade is quickly turning into a lopsided trade. Are the twins coaching and analytics that much better or are the Padres coaching just that bad? They have a ton of pitchers in San Diego but Paddack easily has the talent to be a #2 pitcher. The biggest thing from tonight, I think we found our closer. Duran has immense talent and makes hitters look silly out there. We just need to keep the bats rolling,

It’s amazing how good pitching and good defense drastically increases the chance to win a game. The Paddack trade is quickly turning into a lopsided trade. Are the twins coaching and analytics that much better or are the Padres coaching just that bad? They have a ton of pitchers in San Diego but Paddack easily has the talent to be a #2 pitcher. The biggest thing from tonight, I think we found our closer. Duran has immense talent and makes hitters look silly out there. We just need to keep the bats rolling,
The Twins front office had a helleva an offseason as of May.

Reactions: bunsen82

Looks like both teams are benefiting from that trade. Taylor Rogers has 9 saves and a 0.00 ERA with a 0.52 WHIP so far this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chishawk1425
Looks like both teams are benefiting from that trade. Taylor Rodgers has 9 saves and a 0.00 ERA with a 0.52 WHIP so far this season.

Yep we miss Taylor but this is the best starting pitching I've seen since early 2000s as an entire staff. Both benefited nailed it.

Yep we miss Taylor but this is the best starting pitching I've seen since early 2000s as an entire staff. Both benefited nailed it.

Was a potential great longer term move for the Twins as they have 2 more arbitration years on Paddock in 23/24 and 1 with Pagan in 23 before they are UFA. Rogers is an UFA after this year. Also salaries....

Rogers $7.3mil
Paddock 2.25mil
Pagan $2.3mil

Looks like both teams are benefiting from that trade. Taylor Rogers has 9 saves and a 0.00 ERA with a 0.52 WHIP so far this season.

Rogers is good, no doubt and the Padres had too much starting pitching. It was a trade that helped both teams. However, the WAR hasn’t been updated for Paddack yet after last night but my guess is after 2 good starts from Paddack and Pagan they have equal WAR to Roger’s WAR who has been on fire to start the year. We have Paddack for 3 years Roger’s is on the last year of a deal. good Quality pitching is so much more valuable than quality relieving. Look at what we received for trading Berrios last year. To get a decent reliever it’s usually an ok prospect.

Rogers is good, no doubt and the Padres had too much starting pitching. It was a trade that helped both teams. However, the WAR hasn’t been updated for Paddack yet after last night but my guess is after 2 good starts from Paddack and Pagan they have equal WAR to Roger’s WAR who has been on fire to start the year. We have Paddack for 3 years Roger’s is on the last year of a deal. good Quality pitching is so much more valuable than quality relieving. Look at what we received for trading Berrios last year. To get a decent reliever it’s usually an ok prospect.

Yeah I loved the trade honestly. Sucked losing Rogers but he wasn't very reliable in the closing role with the Twins...or at least it seemed like he blew way too many save opportunties when he was called upon. And getting additional arbitration years on both Paddock and Pagan is huge. If the Twins are out of it by the deadline and either of them is pitching well you can move them for more of a return as well.

Twins got Duran in the Escobar trade to AZ in 2018. Would be nice if he had a good year to get something out of that trade. Going back further the Twins got Escobar in the Liriano trade back in 2012.

Opposing pitchers will now have to face 9 guys in the Twins lineup again. He is owed $14mil next year. Buyout is $3mil.

It’s pretty impressive to go through the Twins lineup, and see just how many were in Cedar Rapids at one point.
They finally made some good front office moves and accumulated some young pitching who has really paid off as well. Joe Ryan was acquired when they delt Nelson Cruz to the Ray's for 2 months last summer

Ryan looks like Zach Greinke in that picture. Thielbar getting out of the 6th after Ryan loading the bases with 2 walks was huge.

Bummer on Paddock having TJS. Makes trading Rogers harder to take. Pagan better be a positive factor now.

Have to do a recall on this, looks like Padres easily win this year on trade with Paddack injury/surgery. Twins still have 1 more year of pagan and 2 of Paddack plus prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT