ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Nebraska @ Iowa Game Thread***

Our seniors have a nice chance here to make a sweep of Debbie! The hawks need to pound the ball down her throat and dirty up her coat.

Here’s to a good game Hawkeyes. I feel like this is a measuring stick game for Nebraska. I don’t mean this as insult but you guys are very consistent so if we keep it close or win it will tell me a lot about how far we’ve came. Another blowout and it’s 9 more months of purgatory.

I know we are supposed to hate each other but I will give you this. After 2 decades of soft ass football, I’d absolutely love to have your line play on both sides and your consistency as a program. I’m really excited to see where we are today. I thought Ohio State and Michigan State we’re going to be our measuring stick games but they are both not their normal selves this year.

Good luck today!

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Yeah you started it a day early!

That means we lose!

It also means we have another month of you!

Super excited to get to watch the game live today. Go Hawkeyes destroy the Cornholers.

So shouldn't the plan be for dealing with these read-option QB's like Martinez to tell your D to ignore the rb everytime he runs that and just bury him? The QB loses their extra protection and becomes a runner on those plays, so you get a free shot at him. Sure, you'll give up plays early, but a smallish freshman like him won't last past halftime if he gets plowed into the ground 10x. He's no Cam Newton.

Well on the bright side if the game goes south, the Lego Movie is available to watch for free on YouTube today only.

I read this morning on a husked preview that Martinez leads the nation in fumbles. Not sure how many he has lost. Need him to put it on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT