ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official New Degen Thread 🏦🏦🏦***

Holy shit fellas, it’s finally here. Let’s get it rolling!

Vanderbilt -6.5; I got this early in the week, and the number has moved a lot since.

Utah St. 1H -16.5

Teaser +106
North Texas/UTEP UNDER 61
Nevada/NMSU UNDER 54.5

1u plays for me, but I’m willing to go with 1.5u if this season resembles last.

Good luck, gentlemen.

Disclaimer - I haven’t bet on Nebraska since they failed to cover -10 against Northwestern in 2019, busting up my 10 leg parlay. I hedged Northwestern ML with a free bet on another book to cover losses if Nebraska decides to Nebraska.

Parlay of the Day:

Nebraska ML
Illinois -12.5 alt spread
Utah St -23.5 alt spread
N Texas ML
Vanderbilt ML
+704 boosted to +842 on DK

If the first 3 legs hit, I may hedge live on late games to lock in some $.

Other plays today (0.5 units)

Illinois/Wyoming under 43
Utah St 1Q -7.5
FSU/Duquesne under 55
Vandy/Hawaii over 54.5

I’m not going bananas today, but have enough action to make some potential snoozers a little more interesting.

Another potential play -

FanDuel has a promo to bet $20 on CFB parlay +400 or better, get $10 free bet. I might play Northwestern ML paired with a few heavy favorites and play Huskers on another book. I haven’t checked out the numbers yet.

I am knocking on the door for my bankroll goal for making a large purchase, so I am trying to be cautious and take advantage of boosts/promos. I’m hoping the books crank out some good ones over the next couple weeks with football starting. Lots of $ to be made this fall… let’s eat.

Holy shit fellas, it’s finally here. Let’s get it rolling!

đź’°Vanderbilt -6.5; I got this early in the week, and the number has moved a lot since.

🤢Utah St. 1H -16.5

đź’°Teaser +106
North Texas/UTEP UNDER 61
Nevada/NMSU UNDER 54.5

1u plays for me, but I’m willing to go with 1.5u if this season resembles last.

Good luck, gentlemen.
Bad read on Utah St. I figured the defense would be a work in progress after losing 6 starters, but they just gave up 245 rushing yards/6.3 YPC to CONNECTICUT. And they get Bama next week. If Bama’s TT is less than 63 for that one, I’m on it.

2022 CFB:
2-1 +0.97u

Bad read on Utah St. I figured the defense would be a work in progress after losing 6 starters, but they just gave up 245 rushing yards/6.3 YPC to CONNECTICUT. And they get Bama next week. If Bama’s TT is less than 63 for that one, I’m on it.

2022 CFB:
2-1 +0.97u
Same on Utah St… I thought they would jump out big early. I’m guessing Bama TT will be less than 63… probably low 50s. Vegas is still pretty good with totals as most seem to hang in the balance into the 4th.

Well, on to next week regarding college football. I will be putting money on Penn State and Utah. I would like to see it get a little tighter but I don’t suppose it will. ( the betting spread I mean)

2022 CFB:
2-1 +0.97u
I just found out I went 1-0 yesterday. I took one play. OVER 23.5 Utah St. first half. Team Total. I turned it off with 7 minutes to go in the half and they had 7 points. Scored 17 more in last four minutes apparently. Sweet! Bonus!

Last edited:
Backing off Utah until I can find out how humid it will be during the game.
Last I saw was a high temp near 90, but 6:00 CT kickoff, so the sun will go down and it will get cooler as the game progresses. Temps near 100 all week in Salt Lake. I know the humidity is a different beast, but the head index is probably about the same. Humidity this week in Utah is around 25%, which is pretty sultry in that heat.

55% chance of evening storms in Gainesville Saturday night, which I have to think benefits Utah. They can ground and pound the Gators.

Thanks. I took Utah -2.5. I see for me it has moved to -3.
Took Penn State @ -3.5.

I will do more with those two but it will be ML.

Edit: took the Giants tonight @ -130. Like the Giants pitcher.

Full disclosure, I bet $7.50 on Baylor to with the Natty at 15k:1, and $7.50 for them to win the Big12 at 5.5:1.
Good luck to you.

Full disclosure for me: I will not be betting on Iowa to win the Big Ten or the National Championship. Not that I don’t want them to win each, I just don’t think there is a chance in hell for either to happen.

I heard today there are three $1000 bets @ 1000 to 1 on Utah State to win the National Championship in football.
Well, they do play Alabama this week. A win could start their journey.

People with too much to drink making these bets or people that can see the future.

I just suffered a horrible bad beat. I had the Braves -1.5 money line. They are leading
3-0 going into the top of the 9th. First guy flies to left. Then a strikeout. Two outs.
Jansen walks the next guy. Next hitter -- home run. Last guy grounds to short.

I am not happy. If the Red Sox holds on to beat the Twins as a dog, it will take some of the sting off.

I’m waiting until tomorrow afternoon to lock in a few plays.

Early leans:
W Virginia +7.5
Ok St -21.5
Purdue ML

Unfortunately, I have an in person fantasy football draft tomorrow night, or I would be actively looking for hedge opportunities or juicy middles. I think the WVU/Pitt and PSU/Purdue games will provide those opportunities.

Due to region…I’m trying to find a way to bet against the Vols. But it’s Ball St, so.
In case you haven’t seen, I have money in Tennessee -35. I don’t need this negative mojo, thank you very much!

I’m already on the opposite side of @MR BEEBS on a play, so if everyone could just behave and pull for me to win money, that would be great.

I just suffered a horrible bad beat. I had the Braves -1.5 money line. They are leading
3-0 going into the top of the 9th. First guy flies to left. Then a strikeout. Two outs.
Jansen walks the next guy. Next hitter -- home run. Last guy grounds to short.

I am not happy. If the Red Sox holds on to beat the Twins as a dog, it will take some of the sting off.
Baseball is cruel, I haven’t made a baseball bet in at least a month, so at least I am comforted in knowing that I haven’t been losing money??

I’m going to look into something over the off-season that’s been rattling in my brain; the record of teams when avoiding the sweep, especially as ML underdogs. Also looking at home vs. away. I’ll try to go back two seasons, and see what I come up with.

Baseball is cruel, I haven’t made a baseball bet in at least a month, so at least I am comforted in knowing that I haven’t been losing money??

I’m going to look into something over the off-season that’s been rattling in my brain; the record of teams when avoiding the sweep, especially as ML underdogs. Also looking at home vs. away. I’ll try to go back two seasons, and see what I come up with.
I can partly blame myself on the bad beat in a way. I knew the Braves lately were having problems scoring runs, but I thought I could still get it. I really like Kyle Wright, the Braves starter last night. I bet on him. I did hit the under.
Regarding the Red Sox last night, I like betting on Michael Wacha. For some reason he wins with the Red Sox. If he gives up 9 runs, the Red Sox score 10. If the Red Sox just score a couple, he pitches lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT