ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Boston College Eagles VS. Iowa Hawkeyes Game Thread*****

hawklover69

Scout Team
Sep 8, 2017
All,

First, to address the elephant in the room - I ran out of characters and couldn't fit the 5 additional stars at the end of the thread title.

*Update* - Thread title fixed.

Second, I realize this Official Game Thread is a tad early, but I'm at work and no one else is and I'm bored.

Now I'm just gonna dive right into my analysis of this game. Boston College runs a pro-style offense that is in your face run it down your throat mentality that has play-action sprinkled in when necessary, so very similar to Iowa but Iowa runs it much better with much more talented players. Boston College's defense lacks the playmakers that Iowa's defense casts so I see Iowa being able to exploit these weaknesses in the form of their power zone run game. Akrum Wadley should rush for 100+ yards which will help Iowa control the clock and makes Boston College play our game. I see this one being tight for awhile, but eventually Iowa will wear Boston College's front seven down and start getting yards in chunks late in the 3rd/early in the 4th quarters.

Final Score
Boston College Eagles 16
Iowa Hawkeyes 27

Wishing you all Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
I think our Hawks will fare better in this bowl game than in previous seasons as we aren't playing in a warm weather city where the beautiful women & beaches would distract us.

We are playing where we should be playing in a cold weather city and should be able to grind through another knock down drag out affair. Big money is on the Hawks in this one.

Please remove "new era" and add additional stars. Stars>sponsorship.

All jokes aside it will be nice to see our hawks on the feild again. One last ride with the outlaw.

Reactions: WadeWilson
Just wanted to give this thread a quick bump which should serve as a jolt to the system for some of you. Our HAWKS need us Wednesday, time to shake off Christmas, put down the egg nog, and focus on the task at hand (Boston College).
They need us?

I like the fact that the team is treating this like a road game vs. a bowl game. Living in a hotel for 8 days when you really can't do what you want anyway is torture.

Reactions: hawklover69
Out of your 49 posts, 46 of them are you just being an ass.
e1Fpw2A.gif

Their QB Wade can get on track and do well. He has already played in one pinstripe bowl losing a heartbreaker to Penn State. He's likely motivated. Add to that a running game that was a runaway freight train to end the regular season. Although we may be the best defensive front they've seen since playing Clemson, Dillon is an NFL caliber back who has been on a tear. Hawks will need an all around great game tomorrow to break the streak.

Last edited:
The last few years The Hawks have come out of the bowl practices looking like they have never seen a football before so this is a tough call

Maybe it's just me but i can't get into this "official game thread". Rough start. Maybe start a fresh one tommarrow?

Tough game, mirror image of Iowa in BC.

I think it’s an ugly game w/lots of turnovers and just poor play.

Iowa 17
BC. 10

All,

First, to address the elephant in the room - I ran out of characters and couldn't fit the 5 additional stars at the end of the thread title.

*Update* - Thread title fixed.

Second, I realize this Official Game Thread is a tad early, but I'm at work and no one else is and I'm bored.

Now I'm just gonna dive right into my analysis of this game. Boston College runs a pro-style offense that is in your face run it down your throat mentality that has play-action sprinkled in when necessary, so very similar to Iowa but Iowa runs it much better with much more talented players. Boston College's defense lacks the playmakers that Iowa's defense casts so I see Iowa being able to exploit these weaknesses in the form of their power zone run game. Akrum Wadley should rush for 100+ yards which will help Iowa control the clock and makes Boston College play our game. I see this one being tight for awhile, but eventually Iowa will wear Boston College's front seven down and start getting yards in chunks late in the 3rd/early in the 4th quarters.

Final Score
Boston College Eagles 16
Iowa Hawkeyes 27

Wishing you all Happy Holidays.
Merry Xmas, happy new year if there’s chunk yardage available i’d Say add a couple scores this could be nebraska/northern Illinois/ Ohio st. 2.0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT