ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Northern Illinois at IOWA Game Thread*****

THE__HAMMER

Scout Team
Aug 27, 2018
Hawkeye Fans,

Welcome back to another season! Been waiting all off-season to start this thread and we are finally here!

2DD0.gif

giphy.gif

iowa-fan.gif

835945098.gif

giphy.gif

THE_HAMMER

I see this being a tight game where we run the ball a lot and try to control the clock. Probably sprinkle in a little play action to Fant and then try to go over the top to Easley. Should be easy ;). I think this will be a good test for our defense as long as we don't give up the big play. I see a bend but don't break philosophy that will make their offense try and grind it out against our talented defense. All in all should be your classic knock down drag out affair against a tough MAC opponent.

Huskies 13
HAWKS 27

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Big time too early for this.. someone always wanting to be “the one” who starts the post.. wait until the game starts for God’s sake or pretty soon you will be starting the game thread for the Nebraska game next week
Would appreciate keeping the negativity to a minimum.

Your post is setting a bad tone to start the season.

GO HAWKS!

Stat of the Day

Iowa is 70th all-time in winning percentage 642-554-39

Northern Illinois is 68th all-time in winning percentage 578-487-51

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Reactions: COSHawk and nu2u
Was thinking Iowa should do something for the late Mollie Tibbetts during the game on Saturday. Maybe a moment of silence or have the marching band spell out her name. Surely this can be done. Is anyone on this board close to the pre-game or halftime routines/rituals? Please raise this request on my behalf. TIA.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Anyone get anything done at work today? I've been reading hawk articles all day and looking up previous seasons results on wikipedia. Can remember where I was at for each game for like the last 11 seasons. Crazy. No way I'm getting any sleep tonight - way too excited for tomorrow's contest.

This close game between Utah State and Michigan State just proves that Iowa shouldn't be taking Northern Illinois lightly. I hope no football players are out getting tanked tonight.

GO HAWKS!

This close game between Utah State and Michigan State just proves that Iowa shouldn't be taking Northern Illinois lightly. I hope no football players are out getting tanked tonight.

GO HAWKS!

They are quarantined in a hotel before every game so things like that don't happen.

Reactions: THE__HAMMER
Listening to longhorns game... equipment violation for knee pads not straight over knee? Wot in tarnation?
This was after they had a delay of game penalty ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE SEASON. They've had 8 months to get ready for that play and they screwed it up. Tom Herman might not make it back to Austin.

Listening to longhorns game... equipment violation for knee pads not straight over knee? Wot in tarnation?
LOL! Thats hilarious. Most of the skill players today either wear them above the knee or not at all. I'm suprised this is even a rule, considering what you see in almost every game. Is this some new point of emphasis?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT