ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Northern Iowa @ IOWA Game Thread*****

THE__HAMMER

Scout Team
Aug 27, 2018
Hawk Nation,

Woooooo. 2-0 and ready to make 3-0 before the big showdown against Becky.

FACTS:
- With a win Iowa would sweep the state of Iowa.
- With a win it setups a Top 25 (pending) night matchup in the house of Kinnick.
- Game Thread being started on Thursday night continues this week (they haven't lost when I start the thread Thursday night)
- Per redbirdhawk UNI is starting 3 players out of Iowa City Regina.
- UNI is 0-1 on the season but still very much a dangerous team from the FCS.
- Iowa beat UNI in 2009 (17-16) on 2 blocked FGs at the end of regulation.
- This game will be closer than the experts think. UNI always gives our HAWKS trouble.
- Expect a close game HAWKS 22 UNI 16.
- I will miss the start of the game due to a previous commitment (probably be home around 7:30).
- I will have the game recording and will watch when I get home so don't text me.

Go HAWKS!

Reactions: Morrison71
If Thursday works for the football room, ok. Not in the Lounge.
orwll.jpg

Work already taking forever for anyone else today? We need to get to 6:30pm on Saturday (7:30 for me)!!

I know the history of close games, but I truly think the Hawks will blow that up tomorrow. I'd like to see the following:

- Another defensive gem; preferably under 10 pts. surrendered
- Nate Stanley playing sharp
- A sexy offensive yardage total (yeah sexy, like 450+ yards)
- Our WR's with multiple catches to build some confidence
- Around 200 yards on the ground, to get our OL all primed up

Of course what really matters is just the W. Even with that, I don't think we'll be ranked on Sunday. There are too many teams to jump. To get any national respect we need a W on 9/22!

I know the history of close games, but I truly think the Hawks will blow that up tomorrow. I'd like to see the following:

Of course what really matters is just the W. Even with that, I don't think we'll be ranked on Sunday. There are too many teams to jump. To get any national respect we need a W on 9/22!
I would prefer a 17 point win and keeping the play book somewhat under wraps. 20-3 is fine with me. We can't look past these guys or it will be another nail biter. I'd like us to jump out early.

Go Hawks!

I'm with you. I'm just not feeling the close game this time around. No David Johnson for UNI either. Hawks 34 UNI 7 points late against reserves.

Hoping the Hawks work out some of the kinks in the passing game. I’m thinking something along the lines of 17-3 at the half and 38-10 final.

unfortunately the UT game is a night game also which means bars around here shall not be showing iowa. most of them don't have BTN anyways. so it's off to the iowa club for me.

Reactions: THE__HAMMER
Would love to see our offense get off to a faster start in this game. 6 combined first half points through 2 games needs to change. Agreed with others that we might be extra conservative in this game (saving all of our exciting plays for Wisconsin next week).

BTN were talking about Stanley being a big disappointment so far. He was being talked about as one of the best qb's in the country before the season. They said last year at this time, Stanley had 8 TDs and 1 INT. This year he has 1 TD and 1 INT. Not good so far. I hope he can pad his stats this weekend.

I really don't understand all the fear around UNI. "History of close games" and in the next sentence people have Iowa playing in the Big Ten Championship.

2014 31-23
2012 27-16
2009 17-16
2005 45-21
1997 66-0
1995 34-13
1914 95-0

In the Ferentz era we have 4 games. With an average score of 30-19. I expect at least a 14 point spread today. Probably 21 pts.

BTN were talking about Stanley being a big disappointment so far. He was being talked about as one of the best qb's in the country before the season. They said last year at this time, Stanley had 8 TDs and 1 INT. This year he has 1 TD and 1 INT. Not good so far. I hope he can pad his stats this weekend.

I hope we don't have to hope. Why are we giving scholarships to other QBs if they aren't available to us when the starter isn't getting the job done???

B1G West looking like it's down to IOWA and Becky with Neb looking awful today. Next week is a MASSIVE game.

Couldn't be less excited going into a week 3 game...Horrible opponent, next weeks top 10 team just lost, but oh well. Always great on 1 of 12 saturdays. Lets go Hawks!!!!

Couldn't be less excited going into a week 3 game...Horrible opponent, next weeks top 10 team just lost, but oh well. Always great on 1 of 12 saturdays. Lets go Hawks!!!!
I have the same feeling about this game that I am supposed to have before ISU games. Just don't freaking blow it.

The BTN2Go stream is terrible. It freezes after playing for about a minute.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT