ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Penn State at IOWA Game Thread. 3:30 pm CT, BTN*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Iowa (13-5, 3-4) a 90.7% chance of winning this game.

Iowa is favored by 11 points; O/U is 143.

Penn State (8-7, 3-4) uses a lot of the shot clock and only gives up 64.7 ppg (eerily similar to Rutgers). Iowa averages 83.9 ppg. Just like the Rutgers game, something has to give.

In PSU's last 5 games, they are 3-2. Look what they did to Rutgers and on the road at Ohio State.

W 61-58 vs Indiana
W 74-70 at Northwestern
L 74-67 vs Purdue
W 66-49 vs Rutgers
L 61-56 at Ohio State

Iowa is currently projected as a 7 (ESPN) or 9 seed (FOX) in the NCAA Tournament.

The game is sold out.

If you are going to the game, check this out & watch the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
First-year Penn State head coach Micah Shrewsberry:
* Was Associate head coach at Purdue the previous two seasons
* Was an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics in the six seasons before that

Penn State has held 9 of its last 12 opponents to 10 or more points under their season averages.

This is Iowa’s first Saturday home game since it hosted Penn State on Feb. 29, 2020.

TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler/Nick Bahe)

Series: Iowa leads, 32-18

Did the Big Ten Network dump Jess Settles, when was the last time he was on BTN?

This is a must win which always makes me very nervous.
PSU is playing good ball.
We need to make threes to win.

ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Iowa (13-5, 3-4) a 90.7% chance of winning this game.

Iowa is favored by 11 points; O/U is 143.

Penn State (8-7, 3-4) uses a lot of the shot clock and only gives up 64.7 ppg (eerily similar to Rutgers). Iowa averages 83.9 ppg. Just like the Rutgers game, something has to give.

In PSU's last 5 games, they are 3-2. Look what they did to Rutgers and on the road at Ohio State.

W 61-58 vs Indiana
W 74-70 at Northwestern
L 74-67 vs Purdue
W 66-49 vs Rutgers
L 61-56 at Ohio State

Iowa is currently projected as a 7 (ESPN) or 9 seed (FOX) in the NCAA Tournament.

The game is sold out.

If you are going to the game, check this out & watch the video.

That app, if it is the same a in the past, is really lame.

Hope the sellout crowd will be involved all game long and not just take up space. Bodies in the seats are nice, but it's the noise they make that matters. I'll always be amazed at why people take the time, go to the trouble, and spend the money to attend a sports event in person and then sit there like they were at a funeral. I hope loud, animated fans are filling up Carver today. I miss those days, whether in the Field House or Carver, when the Iowa crowd was bonkers from BEFORE the opening tip til AFTER the final horn. If you're not up for that, why did you go? Let's hear some old-time Hawkeye frenzy all game long and have some fun at PSU's expense.

Reactions: red/green hawk
This is a must win which always makes me very nervous.
PSU is playing good ball.
We need to make threes to win.

PSU plays an ugly brand of basketball. they slow the game down & use up a lot of shot clock before shooting.

they went to OSU and the first team to 60 won (OSU won 61-56)

i would imagine we will be seeing a lot of full court press, trying to speed them up/force turnovers/get the crowd into what PSU wants to turn into a boring game

ADVERTISEMENT