ADVERTISEMENT

* * * OFFICIAL * * * Pitt @ Iowa Game Thread

KuwaitHawk

HB Legend
Apr 18, 2004
Hello Hawkeye fans! It is the first night game in (historic) Kinnick stadium since 2012. It is 2-0 Pitt vs 2-0 Iowa. How many people had Iowa after 2 games as being 1-1 or even 0-2? I am guessing that a big majority had them at 1-1, with a small portion at 0-2. This is a game were we will find out if iowa is for "real". Pitt is a step up from isu squared and will give both the offense and defense a challenge, the defense will be tested more than the offense. I think Iowa will be able to move the ball on the Pitt defense, it is the Iowa defense being able to contain the Pitt offense, especially the passing game. Iowa's back 4 will be tested unless the defensive line can get to the quarterback. Will Iowa pull another fake field goal against Pitt or has this gimmick play been put to rest for a while? Will Iowa pull out an onside kick (not out of need), run a fake punt or some other exotic? As usual, I see Iowa taking the ball if the toss is won. I do not know what Pitt's tendencies are for the toss. This could be a high scoring game with Iowa topping 35 points to beat the 31 they have scored in the two previous games. Maybe 31 is a lucky number this year. Iowa's first two opponents have score a combined 31 points so far. Iowa wins this game pulling away late winning by 10-13 points. Iowa scores 35-38 and Pitt score 24-28. GO HAWKS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News