ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Bit of an aside, but I truly don't think Seth Gross becomes Seth Gross at Iowa for 2 big reasons:

1) I think AJ Schopp was essential for his development. Schopp's top game was perfectly suited to Gross's skillset and physical tools.

2) He might never have dropped to 133. His length and acquired top ability (which he did not show at Iowa) were what made him great.

So I agree that ceilings aren't concrete concepts, but the way they change is by matching the right skillset with the right development environment. Iowa is a better program than SDSU, but they had the perfect guy to make Seth Gross a monster.

Definitely a side. Thanks.

Just my 2 cents, but recruiting needs to be way more of a priority than the portal. It's always said that the brands piss off officials, table workers etc. They haven't restrained themselves at times with opposing wrestlers either. Recruits may not have witnessed that in person, but alot of current D1 wrestlers have. I like the competitive said to it, but you have to have some restraint.

Let us know what recruits are currently available that will help us score points at the NCAA’s next season. I’ll hang up and listen.

NOT sure people understand the problem with this^^^^!?!?!?!?

The PR*CKS make $$$$$ off lottery sales.
The people who buy the tickets are using $$$$$ they earned that HAS ALREADY been taxed!!!!
Then the POS take a HUGE chunk again!!!!

WHY is this OK??????
It's not ok but unless you have a couple hundred F-16's and stealth bombers there isn't much we can do about it...

Definitely a side. Thanks.
Especially when the true freshman often wrestle up a weight during RS which would also make it less likely to dominate on top. Especially one that was having a little too much fun outside the room.

Reactions: js8793
Yaraslau Slavikouski - AA from Rutgers in the portal. Him being from Belarus would make me think a lean towards Michigan and their clubs international efforts is probably a good bet.

Reactions: eb05 and el dub
Especially when the true freshman often wrestle up a weight during RS which would also make it less likely to dominate on top. Especially one that was having a little too much fun outside the room.
Well, he also wrestled 141 his first year at SDSU. And the reason I assume he would have never cut was because Clark would have been in his way for two years. And maybe he would have never stopped having too much fun "outside the room" at Iowa?

Either way, I don't think you can just assume he would have been the same guy if he stayed at Iowa. I don't think it was a tragic loss for the program.

Reactions: eb05 and acuhawk
Let us know what recruits are currently available that will help us score points at the NCAA’s next season. I’ll hang up and listen.
Well, there could have been a few but.......you kinda have to put a little legwork in. Looking to the portal every year is definitely forward thinking. Why think about the future, when you can just be continually reactive.

Nice takeaway though. Clearly I was talking about recruits for next year.

Next year will be threads about which recruit wasn't contacted, and what holes need filled in the portal. Rinse, and repeat.

NOT sure people understand the problem with this^^^^!?!?!?!?

The PR*CKS make $$$$$ off lottery sales.
The people who buy the tickets are using $$$$$ they earned that HAS ALREADY been taxed!!!!
Then the POS take a HUGE chunk again!!!!

WHY is this OK??????
I don't understand your analogy. How is that different from anything else anybody buys, like a gallon of milk. The people selling the milk make money off of milk sales. The people who buy the milk are already using money they earn that has already been taxed, then the milk people take a chunk again in profit and the state in sales tax when the milk is sold. How is this any different with lottery sales than anything else?

I don't understand your analogy. How is that different from anything else anybody buys, like a gallon of milk. The people selling the milk make money off of milk sales. The people who buy the milk are already using money they earn that has already been taxed, then the milk people take a chunk again in profit and the state in sales tax when the milk is sold. How is this any different with lottery sales than anything else?
Sales tax is a scam, imo. We don't have sales tax in Oregon.

-$556,156,800 for Lump sum payment
-$193,821,984 for the Feds
-26,192,160 for the state (Iowa is 5%)

You're only left with $303,829,056

Might as well just not even play at that point!

my-property-taxes.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TailgateTom
I'll give you a lesson. Taking things without permission is theft. Invoking the word roads doesn't change that fact. Now back to portal talk.
They don’t have permission to take taxes? I hate taxes by the way I’m just confused by the logic…

Reactions: ping72
Pshaw… I read it only took an hour.
2 lane or 4 lane? And did it have any cloverleafs? What grade of dirt was it made out of? All day Saturday... you know... all 24 hours, or an 8 hour work day?

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
-$556,156,800 for Lump sum payment
-$193,821,984 for the Feds
-$26,192,160 for the state (Iowa is 5%)

You're only left with $303,829,056

Might as well just not even play at that point!
Yea, I'd be plenty happy to get to pay that tax bill!!

The lottery is pretty much just a tax on the math illiterate anyway. Then again, my father-in-law (who is pretty math illiterate) won a million in the lottery many moons ago.

With the way our 'luck' has been going, I suspect Karl will win the big pot.

I think there's so much questionable stuff going on and the NCAA doesn't have the manpower to investigate everything, so pretty much anything goes.
The NCAA's official policy is that it's up to school's compliance departments to investigate themselves. Believe it or not, most find that they did nothing wrong after investigating themselves.

Reactions: blcoach80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT