ADVERTISEMENT

official schedule release

Not a bad schedule for Iowa. Wisconsin will be in the driver seet with their schedule but we get them at home to end the regular season. Will be interesting to see how no crowd affects the teams.

So all Saturdays?
giphy.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
Not necessarily. They said some games will be switched to Fridays, and Iowa's prime candidate is Nebraska, which is almost certainly going to be switched to Black Friday. Assuming, of course, that COVID-19 permits. A much bigger IF than most of you are still willing to admit.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
Not necessarily. They said some games will be switched to Fridays, and Iowa's prime candidate is Nebraska, which is almost certainly going to be switched to Black Friday. Assuming, of course, that COVID-19 permits. A much bigger IF than most of you are still willing to admit.
Lol didn't even notice we're back to turkey day vs braska

Ha, ha....looks like the league rewarded Nebby for their arrogance.

Oct. 24 at Ohio State
Oct. 31 Wisconsin
Nov. 7 at Northwestern
Nov. 14 Penn State
Nov. 21 Illinois
Nov. 27/28 at Iowa
Dec. 5 at Purdue
Dec. 12 Minnesota
Wonder if they'll be happy they're playing if they start 1-3.....or worse!

I like the schedule. But I hate the potential Black Friday game. I have never been a fan of the Friday game. I hope it’s Saturday. It’s great seeing the actual schedule though. Go Hawks!

I like the schedule. But I hate the potential Black Friday game. I have never been a fan of the Friday game. I hope it’s Saturday. It’s great seeing the actual schedule though. Go Hawks!
I don't, way more leftovers to shove in my belly during the game!

I don't, way more leftovers to shove in my belly during the game!

I love the Black Friday game! It is always a good crowd. I am always ready to go after a bunch of food on Thanksgiving and a good nap. ;) What better thing to do after that, than go tailgate and watch some football!

Hope they make the Wisconsin vs Iowa game on Black Friday. IIRC the B1G was planning on that for the future...?

And here I thought for once you were having an informative and reasonable discussion about Iowa football. But you just couldn't do it could you?

Reactions: TRHawkeye145

You lost.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145

Actually, I doubt there's a single poster unwilling to admit the likelihood some games will get cancelled.

On the other hand, you seem to be the lone poster unwilling to admit many games will be played.

Covid took our Friday game

If true, then Covid was all worth it. A blessing in disguise. I hate Friday games for college (or at least Iowa Football).

Leave Friday’s for the high school kids and Saturday for the big boys. Black Friday I don’t mind as much because it’s a holiday weekend and the HS are usually done by then.

Oct. 24: at Purdue

Oct. 31: vs. Northwestern

Nov. 7: vs. Michigan State

Nov. 14: at Minnesota

Nov. 21: at Penn State

Nov. 28: vs. Nebraska

Dec. 5: at Illinois

Dec. 12: vs. Wisconsin

Dec. 19: Champions Week, Big Ten East opponent TBD
I like how you already have the ninth game listed.

Reactions: QChawks
Not a bad schedule for Iowa. Wisconsin will be in the driver seet with their schedule but we get them at home to end the regular season. Will be interesting to see how no crowd affects the teams.
I'm hoping they put crowd noise over the PA. Cut-outs in the stands like some MLB teams are doing - the Giants have a lot of them - would be cool, too. Players say that while playing and with the noise they can't tell the cut-outs aren't real.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Nebby only has one game different than us. We get MSU they get OSU. Yes, their game is tougher, but we have to go to PSU too. They're pretty comparable schedules really.

Reactions: nu2u
2 and 6? I dont know where your seeing all these wins. And knowing the how it usually works at Iowa they will pipe in elevator music during games so as not to disturb anyone.

Iowa vs OSU in the title game.

Amazing now with this being one game we lose off original 20’ schedule. So if we don’t play them next few years in big 10 title game will go 6 years in between playing them and if my math is correct we would play in Columbus again until 26’. Making it 13 years in between trips to the Horseshoe.

I don't like starting against Purdue. I'd like to play them after they get a few injuries. Hopefully Mr. Moore indeed decides to sit this year out. If we have to defend him and Bell with a offense starting the year healthy. We will be hoping for some offensive rust. Not exactly the kind of guys you want to try and tackle in the open field when you haven't tackled anybody in a real game in 10 months. Don't chalk that game up a win too quick. We lost the last time we went there. We darn near lost to them again last year.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
W - Oct. 24: at Purdue
W - Oct. 31: vs. Northwestern
W - Nov. 7: vs. Michigan State
L? - Nov. 14: at Minnesota
L - Nov. 21: at Penn State
W - Nov. 28: vs. Nebraska
W - Dec. 5: at Illinois
W - Dec. 12: vs. Wisconsin

6-2 should get us to the championship game. We will see...

Minnesota could field a good team. If WR Rashod Bateman returns, that will certainly help. I'll say a loss if he returns. But that is iffy, since he declared for the 2021 draft and signed with an agent. Whoops

Penn State at Happy Valley is going to be a tough road win.

I'm hoping they put crowd noise over the PA. Cut-outs in the stands like some MLB teams are doing - the Giants have a lot of them - would be cool, too. Players say that while playing and with the noise they can't tell the cut-outs aren't real.
Donors can pay to have their picture put on the cut-outs. Way to be at the game and raise money for the school. ;)

If true, then Covid was all worth it. A blessing in disguise. I hate Friday games for college (or at least Iowa Football).

Leave Friday’s for the high school kids and Saturday for the big boys. Black Friday I don’t mind as much because it’s a holiday weekend and the HS are usually done by then.
Yes, the Iowa HSs are done by then, but the Texas HS playoffs run until just before Christmas (not sure about some other southern states if they are that long or almost as long).

Donors can pay to have their picture put on the cut-outs. Way to be at the game and raise money for the school. ;)
Your emoji indicates a joke, but that is what the Giants have done. People pay to have a picture (not necessarily their own) on a cut-out. They also get to chose an available seat. After the season they get the cut-out.

Reactions: unclesammy
W - Oct. 24: at Purdue
W - Oct. 31: vs. Northwestern
W - Nov. 7: vs. Michigan State
L? - Nov. 14: at Minnesota
L - Nov. 21: at Penn State
W - Nov. 28: vs. Nebraska
W - Dec. 5: at Illinois
W - Dec. 12: vs. Wisconsin

6-2 should get us to the championship game. We will see...

Minnesota could field a good team. If WR Rashod Bateman returns, that will certainly help. I'll say a loss if he returns. But that is iffy, since he declared for the 2021 draft and signed with an agent. Whoops

Penn State at Happy Valley is going to be a tough road win.
If he accepted money from the agent, how could he still be eligible?

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
If he accepted money from the agent, how could he still be eligible?

I agree. I know he and others will argue covid and the unknown of everything. But you got to draw a line somewhere and signing and taking $ from an agent is a bit much in my opinion to let him be eligible.

Reactions: NevadaHawk

Oct. 24 at Ohio State
Oct. 31 Wisconsin
Nov. 7 at Northwestern
Nov. 14 Penn State
Nov. 21 Illinois
Nov. 27/28 at Iowa
Dec. 5 at Purdue
Dec. 12 Minnesota

Why were the arrogant, they just wanted to play fb. I commend them for putting up a fight.

Reactions: 406Nebraska515

Oct. 24 at Ohio State
Oct. 31 Wisconsin
Nov. 7 at Northwestern
Nov. 14 Penn State
Nov. 21 Illinois
Nov. 27/28 at Iowa
Dec. 5 at Purdue
Dec. 12 Minnesota

You forgot the 9th game vs Rutgers for our friends to the west.

ADVERTISEMENT