ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread*****

Here's my cousins analysis of the game and the Kadri play that hurt Binnington. He was born and raised in St Louis as a Blues fan but does a good job keeping it unbiased.

It wasn’t a penalty, but it was cheap. He was behind Calle, was headed to the net and if you watch, and the last minute he jumps and gets off his skates and right at Binnington with his shoulder. Good photo of it here:

Once a cheap shot artist always a cheap shot artist.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I dont know if this makes me a bad person but damnit, sometimes I like some dirty hockey! Lol

Not at all, that’s part of the game. If dude checked my goalie like that I’d torpedo into dude as well lol.
TBH, I think you should be able to check a goalie who decides to leave the crease to play the puck. You've become a skater at that point.

Reactions: IA_HAWKI
TBH, I think you should be able to check a goalie who decides to leave the crease to play the puck. You've become a skater at that point.
I agree but that wasn't just a check. It was in the back into the boards. Imo

Bolts with 5 straight wins now. It seems they are hitting their stride. The only problem with a sweep if they win tonight is the days off until the next series. I'm sure they can use the time off to heal up but I hate to lose the momentum they've gained over this past week.

88 was a beast last night! And now we wait for an opponent. Need to get healthy without losing momentum during this time off.

He was outstanding last night. He did not really play all that well for a lot of the Toronto series - not terrible, just not up to the lofty expectations that he has developed over the last few years.
Starting in game 6 of that series, he has been fantastic.

He was outstanding last night. He did not really play all that well for a lot of the Toronto series - not terrible, just not up to the lofty expectations that he has developed over the last few years.
Starting in game 6 of that series, he has been fantastic.
He's the best goalie in the world. Just like Johnathan Quick in the teens but with a better supporting cast. Probably going to win 3 cups in a row.

Reactions: ericram
F them and particularly Kroenke and Kadri. Carry on.
Stay classy, St Louis

suck-it-tripled-h.gif

Last edited:
Yes. Terrible, embarrassing, and just low class trash to do that. I will never understand it.

But Kadri is still the same cheap shot intent to injure player that has taken a significant Biues player out of the playoffs the last two years.
The Blues have had plenty of cheap shots of their own this series. The hit to Girard was trash and knocked him out of the playoffs as well.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
The Blues have had plenty of cheap shots of their own this series. The hit to Girard was trash and knocked him out of the playoffs as well.
It was a legal check with an unfortunate result. Kadri is a cheap shot artist who's been suspended or fined 8 different times in his career.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

Even the Avs coach admitted it was clean hit.

“I thought it was a legal check to be honest with you,” Bednar said.

Holy shit! What a game this turned in to! I didn't even watch the 2nd period with the Blues goalie situation and being down 3-0 I thought it was over!

I had the 3-Way Moneyline - Colorado Avalanche REG (-150) tonight. Saw they were up 3-0 and just now see it's 4-4 going to OT. Brutal beat for me.

Where my Bolts fans at? Vasilevskiy got a Shaq size boot shoved up his ass tonight and alone lost my under bet.

I can understand some rust from the layoff, but he gave up 2x as many goals tonight as he did all of last series.

Should I stay away from the under?

Where my Bolts fans at? Vasilevskiy got a Shaq size boot shoved up his ass tonight and alone lost my under bet.

I can understand some rust from the layoff, but he gave up 2x as many goals tonight as he did all of last series.

Should I stay away from the under?
I'd expect a shutout next game. Either that or the Rangers have a real good chance in this series. We'll find out Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT