ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread*****

Him and the defense will be much better Friday. I actually thought the offense looked pretty good most of the night but 9-day layoff was very apparent with defensive positioning.

Reactions: DooBii
Glad to see the game is on TNT tonight. I like their production and commentary better than espns. Especially the guys before the game and in between periods. I usually don't even watch any of that stuff, but the tnt guys are very entertaining.

Glad to see the game is on TNT tonight. I like their production and commentary better than espns. Especially the guys before the game and in between periods. I usually don't even watch any of that stuff, but the tnt guys are very entertaining.
I'm not usually one to watch the commentary at intermission, but have really enjoyed the TNT crew.

Completely agree. I was hoping the Lightning would get TNT. Not a fan of the ESPN crews, especially in the studio.

I really liked the Oilers as one of my alternate teams because they are so fun to watch until they picked up Kane. It’s hard to cheer on a team that sells its soul for wins.

The Bolts looked old, out of form, and like they'd never played any hockey those first two games of this series and the Rangers were hot and hitting it after their comeback win over Carolina. But the last two games show the bolts back and the rust gone. It's going to be interesting tonight to see if the Bolts can keep up the form back in NY. I think tonight's game is crucial. Whoever wins this has a lot of momentum. If Tampa can win tonight I feel pretty good about them winning game 6 back at home. If NY wins again at home then I think it becomes difficult as the Bolts have to win on the road to win this thing. Fingers crossed tonight puts the pressure on.

The Bolts looked old, out of form, and like they'd never played any hockey those first two games of this series and the Rangers were hot and hitting it after their comeback win over Carolina. But the last two games show the bolts back and the rust gone. It's going to be interesting tonight to see if the Bolts can keep up the form back in NY. I think tonight's game is crucial. Whoever wins this has a lot of momentum. If Tampa can win tonight I feel pretty good about them winning game 6 back at home. If NY wins again at home then I think it becomes difficult as the Bolts have to win on the road to win this thing. Fingers crossed tonight puts the pressure on.
I agree 100%. I can't wait for game 5 tonight. It's the biggest game of the year. Plus the temperature of this series just keeps getting higher. I'm expecting a lot of scrums and heavy hits tonight.

Pretty good first period. I'd be lying if I said the pucker factor isn't elevated after the post work by the bolts in the 1st.

Hedged my bets and picked Stamkos and Palat to score, so if we're gonna lose, I'm hoping it's at the sticks of those two.

Very un-woke of ESPN to pan in on John McEnroe and not mention his wife, Patty Smyth, sitting right next to him, Dumb shits.

Reactions: 24 so far
I'm stoked. It's going to be touch to get past the Avs, but if anyone can do it, it's the Bolts especially with some of the injuries the Avs have. And I don't see their goalie standing on his head over and over like Igor (Who was the only thing keeping NY even in the series) did.

That said, the Avs are going to have much fresher legs and they're the number one team for a reason. My heart says Tampa in 6, but my head says that's going to be really difficult.

I'm stoked. It's going to be touch to get past the Avs, but if anyone can do it, it's the Bolts especially with some of the injuries the Avs have. And I don't see their goalie standing on his head over and over like Igor (Who was the only thing keeping NY even in the series) did.

That said, the Avs are going to have much fresher legs and they're the number one team for a reason. My heart says Tampa in 6, but my head says that's going to be really difficult.
Obviously either team can win this next series, but the bolts experience and veteran players will be the difference in my opinion. I mean, they got smoked by the rangers games 1 and 2, then peeled off 4 straight. This is an incredible team and I think bolts in 6 as well.

Reactions: kc78
It’s going to be a very entertaining series. Easily the 2 best teams in hockey. A s will have to score a bunch as we have mediocre, at best goalies. Fortunately, the Avs are good at scoring in bunches. Should be fun. Can’t wait.

It’s going to be a very entertaining series. Easily the 2 best teams in hockey. A s will have to score a bunch as we have mediocre, at best goalies. Fortunately, the Avs are good at scoring in bunches. Should be fun. Can’t wait.
Pair this with Vasalefski falling off a bit, this could be a VERY entertaining and competitive series. I can't wait!

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Pair this with Vasalefski falling off a bit, this could be a VERY entertaining and competitive series. I can't wait!
The Bolts just got past NY who have a dynamic offense and one of, if not the best goalie in hockey right now. Igor was amazing. We won't have that kind of defense to battle through. And while Vasilevskiy isn't as good as he once was, with the way our defense can clamp down all the shooting lanes when they're engaged I'm not sure it matters. I think we'll score much more easily than we did against NY, and we'll see how our defense holds up against Colorado. I'm afraid it might be a bit like the Rangers series but in reverse. We're coming in extremely hot and clicking, the Avs are going to be a bit rusty and I think we blitz through the first game, maybe the second. (If we go 2-0 though I like our chances). However, the much fresher legs of the Avs are going to come into play the longer this series goes. If it goes 7, unless more injuries happen, I'm leaning towards the Avs. So we need to win quickly.

The injuries the Avs have suffered I think does send the balance our way a bit though.

Go Avs, because: (i) even though I think Cooper is a freaking genius, I want to be able to retain the argument that their cups came with Covid asterisks; and (ii) I think Nathan MacKinnon is the most exciting player in the game, even more so than McJesus.

Go Avs, because: (i) even though I think Cooper is a freaking genius, I want to be able to retain the argument that their cups came with Covid asterisks; and (ii) I think Nathan MacKinnon is the most exciting player in the game, even more so than McJesus.
I think Mackinnon vs Hedman will be a fun match-up with each one having some victories in this series. Man I can't wait!!

Reactions: Aardvark86
ADVERTISEMENT