ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread*****

Go Avs, because: (i) even though I think Cooper is a freaking genius, I want to be able to retain the argument that their cups came with Covid asterisks; and (ii) I think Nathan MacKinnon is the most exciting player in the game, even more so than McJesus.
Lol, you don’t win two in a row and get to a third consecutive cup with asterisks. Gtfo with that weak shit.

Reactions: runkpanole
Lol, you don’t win two in a row and get to a third consecutive cup with asterisks. Gtfo with that weak shit.
Sure you do. Abbreviated seasons are particularly relevant.

(ps, your response only illustrates the effectiveness of this line of thinking).

Sure you do. Abbreviated seasons are particularly relevant.

(ps, your response only illustrates the effectiveness of this line of thinking).
If they hadn‘t repeated you might have something. Doesn’t matter either way, bolts are champs two years running and working on a dynasty. GO BOLTS

Both of these goalies benefit from the most consistent but dynamic defenses in the league. Vasilevskiy just knows what each guy will do in every situation.

Damn, I recorded the game and was still in the first period when I accidentally opened this post. I've been looking forward to this game for days and I ****ed myself.

Depending on who you want to win you may have saved yourself a couple of hours that ended in disappointment

Depending on who you want to win you may have saved yourself a couple of hours that ended in disappointment
Well I wanted the bolts to win but I don't care that much and that was an awesome game I'm sure.

Gonna be a hell of a series. Hope my Bolts can steal game 2.
I don't think we'll steal game 2. I think we'll win it outright. We lost that game because we played the first period like we were asleep. Sloppy passes, poor defense, and some poor goal keeping. We cleaned it up and fought back but Colorado took it to us again with more energy in the OT period.

My concern this whole time has been whether our legs could hold out for this series. We've had to fight a lot to get here and I was suspect on whether we had the energy to really take the fight this far before the playoffs started. IF the Avs can keep their energy up then we're in trouble. BUT I think we clean up those mistakes from last night and win the second game. Then we'll figure it out from there. If we go down 0-2 I don't see us coming back like we did against the Rangers.

Very good game. It's clear that both teams present something the other hasn't seen yet in the playoffs. Avs haven't seen this good of a goalie-defense combo yet and the Lightning haven't seen this type of neutral zone speed. Vasy was rock solid after the first so hopefully he found his stride and the Bolts can even things up Saturday.

Reactions: SolarHawk
I don't think we'll steal game 2. I think we'll win it outright. We lost that game because we played the first period like we were asleep. Sloppy passes, poor defense, and some poor goal keeping. We cleaned it up and fought back but Colorado took it to us again with more energy in the OT period.

My concern this whole time has been whether our legs could hold out for this series. We've had to fight a lot to get here and I was suspect on whether we had the energy to really take the fight this far before the playoffs started. IF the Avs can keep their energy up then we're in trouble. BUT I think we clean up those mistakes from last night and win the second game. Then we'll figure it out from there. If we go down 0-2 I don't see us coming back like we did against the Rangers.
I dont think they were too far off in ot either. The Lightning had a great chance on the other end before the avs broke out. A luckier bounce and it could have been over.

Side note- JT Compher is my second favorite player on the Avs because I scored a ton of short handed goals with him in NHL. Also... American.

Go Avs!

Side note to the side note... Outside of the Bulls in the 90s. The Avs broke the ice as one of my favorite teams finally won something. Since then the Sounders, Chiefs, Cubs (don't really care about baseball though), mens and womens national soccer teams doing well(ish), Iowa men's and women's basketball winning BTT this year.

Guess it is up to the football team?

reactions-home-alone2.gif

Reactions: luvmyhawks
If Tampa can somehow claw back to 2-2 then they've got a shot, but the way they've played the first two games I don't see it happening.

That offsides call may have been huge. Going down 1-0 again so quick changes the complexion of the game. I don't have a dog in this fight but cheering for Tampa tonight because I want to see a 7 game series

ADVERTISEMENT