ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread*****

Lightning got their asses kicked last game. Recovering and kicking some ass back tonight.

That offsides call may have been huge. Going down 1-0 again so quick changes the complexion of the game. I don't have a dog in this fight but cheering for Tampa tonight because I want to see a 7 game series
I can't believe the review took so long. I thought they were gonna let it stand.

I am hoping this series gets juicy, but still see the Avs as the better overall team. 2-2 back to Denver would definitely fit Juicy. Glad I didn’t bet tonight.

Reactions: DooBii
I clearly want the Avs to win but these two teams are so good. I was shocked all the talking heads who know nothing about hockey were so down on the Lightning after game two. I know almost nothing about hockey myself but you could clearly tell from the previous games that Tampa just didn't play well.

They had to win tonight and did.

Tampa played better obviously looking at the score, but I think Colorado still were by far the faster team. They were skating circles around tb but tb defense had good position a lot of the night and Vasilefski is 10 times the goalie either one of the avs goalies are.

Agreed. Colorado just looks so much faster. There weakness is that they don't have a proper goalkeeper. That doesn't matter when Tampa plays as bad as they did in game two, but when they play some proper defense it's a major liability.

Great bounce back by the Bolts. They can't let up in game 4 just because it's at home. Need the same energy and effort to beat the Avs twice in a row. If they can pull it off and go back to Denver 2-2 then it is ON!

Told you guys the Avs had mediocre at best goal keeping. They are taking a beating around Colorado after that shellacking the other night. While they weren't very good, Tampa was pretty awesome and the Avs defense just, wasn't. Oh well. I think tonight, along with the rest of the series is going to be more like game 1 than the last 2. Excited for puck drop in about 2 hours.

Let's go Avs!!!!!!!

One to go..

three-count.gif

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I love cooper. And I haven’t seen end of game footage to assess his too many men theory. But to hear him talk about how hard it is in the salary cap era is a little rich.

It was a
I love cooper. And I haven’t seen end of game footage to assess his too many men theory. But to hear him talk about how hard it is in the salary cap era is a little rich.

It was a terribly blown no call. Four or 5 seconds with 6 on the ice, hell the guy skated the width of the rink & got possession of the puck before the extra player left the ice

It sucks to lose two in OT now. We really needed that game to stay in. And whether or not we lost because of a blown call or not, the Avs are clearly the better team here. Their speed is just insanely fast and while their goaltending is sub-par, their speed on defense clogs up any shooting lanes quickly, so getting shots on goal is difficult. Unlike Colorado who seems to take strong shots on goal with ease, and it's only due to Vasilevskiy that the bolts were in this at all.

Reactions: seminoledq
Man that was tough. Bolts hold the Avs to zero shots on goal the final 13 minutes of the third and then came out in OT looking gassed. I was shocked it took the Avs so long to put in the game winner.

I thought for sure after Hedman's soft goal the Bolts would be able to get in Kemper's head and get a couple more. He played his best game of the series though, maybe of the playoffs.

What is this? Traitor! 😉
I'd be cheering for the Avs against anyone else but since we didn't get a team in CO until I was starting college I never really considered them "my team". Plus as a kid hockey was far and away my least favorite of the major sports.

After moving down here I have been thoroughly impressed with Tampa as a hockey town. Can't help but Be The Thunder. Oh and boat parades are fun.

You know, in a SC final game, in OT, that's simply not the type of penalty that's going to be called. There are certain ones (delay of game) that you don't have any choice on. But anything beyond that has to be extraordinarily bad. It's the nature of the beast.
There were a bunch of calls not made in the 3rd period for both sides. They weren't going to call anything.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
There were a bunch of calls not made in the 3rd period for both sides. They weren't going to call anything.
They were really letting them play. Avs got away with one a mid-ice, and Kadri was about to be unimpeded to goal and was clearly tripped with no call. Game could have essentially ended there.

I'm excited to be in the arena tomorrow, hope the Avs can get it done.

You know, in a SC final game, in OT, that's simply not the type of penalty that's going to be called. There are certain ones (delay of game) that you don't have any choice on. But anything beyond that has to be extraordinarily bad. It's the nature of the beast.

While I know that has always been the unwritten rule, it is simply wrong. If the rule book says it is a penalty, it should be called - whether on the opening shift of the game, or in overtime. The whole idea is built on the concept of not wanting a game's outcome to be determined by a ref's call; the problem is that a game can just as easily be determined by a ref's non-call. This one certainly was - the GWG was scored by the guy who came on the ice way early.

Avs were a bit passive tonight, need to just pour shots on goal. The Lightning have the hearts of champions and hard to finish off. That said the officiating was atrocious and one sided. Avs in 7.

Last edited:
Avs were a bit passive tonight, need to just pour shots on goal. The Lightning have the hearts of champions and hard to finish off. That said the officiating was atrocious and one sided. Avs in 7.
I hope you mean one sided against TB. Lol

I can't believe the one sided reffing in this game. Wow.

Congrats to Colorado. They were definitely the faster team this whole series.

• Sad
Reactions: runkpanole
While I know that has always been the unwritten rule, it is simply wrong. If the rule book says it is a penalty, it should be called - whether on the opening shift of the game, or in overtime. The whole idea is built on the concept of not wanting a game's outcome to be determined by a ref's call; the problem is that a game can just as easily be determined by a ref's non-call. This one certainly was - the GWG was scored by the guy who came on the ice way early.
I am not completely comfortable with it either, but I’m more comfortable with that than I am with a different standard of officiating in the playoffs generally. Why would you have incentives to build a team one way for 82 games then change them to invent something else.

Thought the Bolts had it after scoring first but they could never get the two goal lead. Great series. It's too bad we couldn't have had one more game.

Reactions: DooBii
Thought the Bolts had it after scoring first but they could never get the two goal lead. Great series. It's too bad we couldn't have had one more game.
Yeah, I was surprised how good Kuemper played in net for the avs... damnit! Lol

Can't wait for the victory parade. Clearly the best team in the NHL this year. Still a young roster. With a few savvy roster moves, the Avs will be replacing TB in the dynasty discussion.

Reactions: GlenHawk
ADVERTISEMENT